Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Bunch of Salty Stuff from the Last few days (Pic Heavy)

EP Pinfish

SAM_2272_zps9bfb70e5.jpg

Baitfish

SAM_2269_zpsecfcd0cb.jpg

SAM_2268_zps78a2a231.jpg

SAM_2267_zps583f714d.jpg

Rabbit Crab

SAM_2263_zps473aaca3.jpg

SAM_2265_zpsa87dcd50.jpg

Chard's A.M. Special (baby tarpon fly)

SAM_2261_zpsa316c654.jpg

Tarpon Fly

SAM_2256_zps0ab9db3f.jpg

Some Random Fly (found on a blog/)

SAM_2255_zps05e94429.jpg

Everglades Special EP

SAM_2251_zpsf9c23d70.jpg

The Everglades Special EP is money! The others aren't too shabby either. Thanks again for sharing and for the awesome quality pics again!

Hahahaha nah. Once in a while I tie a nice fly!

Thats just the beginning of the Everglades Special. Not sure how many of you guys check out the pilecast blog but I think he has devoted an entire year to only using that fly. Im going to tie an army of them. They deff work and everyone should give them a try.

The Everglades Special EP is money! The others aren't too shabby either. Thanks again for sharing and for the awesome quality pics again!

Thanks! Its really just a point and shoot shot in the style of another member (I believe it was Crackaig that first posted it). I have an ott table light and I take an 11 x 17 sheet of paper and drape it around the light and just shoot in there. Comes out like I know what Im doing. The only color is doesnt grab well is purple. The fly I posted that looks black and sort of purple is actually quite purple in real life. Something with the light that it grabs it weird.

Ben, that is a wicked bunch of flies. Like Mike, I can't wait to see the pictures of fish from your upcoming trip…I'm thinking Tarpon!

I also agree with USCG…Pure money brother, Enrico could do no better.

Bruce Chard, ties a nice fly, Gink & Gasoline has some great videos of his flies and casting techniques…I bought the SA fly line he designed for my newest secret weapon, the fish will never know what hit them. I find out my last surgery date Wednesday, thats when the countdown to fishing begins! I got the boat out Sunday and washed off the turkey poop. We have to pick up a battery tomarro, hoping to at least take it out on the lake and run it a bit before I go in for my "special augmentation".

Keep up the killer work my friend.

That first one looks good for really clear water, I like it! I didn't know you were a New Orleans Saints fan Ben. That Saint's crab fly is really good looking with the rabbit over the top.

How long you going for?

Kirk

One trick I use for fly photos is simply to use different color craft foam sheets (the same stuff you can make Gurglers with....). Each sheet is about 99 cents and by simply changing background color you can gain a lot of useful contrast in your pics...

Great stuff Ben. I really love the first one. Is the head on the Everglades Special done with a dubbing loop?

Ben, that is a wicked bunch of flies. Like Mike, I can't wait to see the pictures of fish from your upcoming trip…I'm thinking Tarpon!

I also agree with USCG…Pure money brother, Enrico could do no better.

Bruce Chard, ties a nice fly, Gink & Gasoline has some great videos of his flies and casting techniques…I bought the SA fly line he designed for my newest secret weapon, the fish will never know what hit them. I find out my last surgery date Wednesday, thats when the countdown to fishing begins! I got the boat out Sunday and washed off the turkey poop. We have to pick up a battery tomarro, hoping to at least take it out on the lake and run it a bit before I go in for my "special augmentation".

Keep up the killer work my friend.

I have had Bruce Chard's line for sometime. It is simply the best line I have EVER used. You will not be disappointed. It definitely improved my distance and is overall just amazing. I actually cant say enough good things about it.

Im a huge fan of Enrico's flies. There is a learning curve on tying each and everyone of them. Mostly just figuring how much (or I should say) how little amount of fiber you need.

Thanks for the kind words dude. How long is it looking before you get back out fishing??

That first one looks good for really clear water, I like it! I didn't know you were a New Orleans Saints fan Ben. That Saint's crab fly is really good looking with the rabbit over the top.

How long you going for?

Kirk

Im going to tie a few more of that pinfish, definitely some in smaller sizes. Haha saints fly. I used Deer Creek expanding tub and just kind of rolled it to loosen the fibers and tie it in. Turned out pretty good! Im going for 5 days this trip. I have two more trips in the works as well!

One trick I use for fly photos is simply to use different color craft foam sheets (the same stuff you can make Gurglers with....). Each sheet is about 99 cents and by simply changing background color you can gain a lot of useful contrast in your pics...

Thanks for the tip Bob! I am familiar with them. Ill have to run to the craft store and get some different colors. Probably helps they dont have a "sheen" to them as well.

Great stuff Ben. I really love the first one. Is the head on the Everglades Special done with a dubbing loop.

Thanks! The head is not an dubbing loop...although that may work. Hell a brush would probably work as well. I did it like enrico does.. kind of like spinning deer hair (except you do it manually). If that doesn't makes sense tell me and I can either take some pictures or explain more thorough!!

Thanks for the tip Bob! I am familiar with them. Ill have to run to the craft store and get some different colors. Probably helps they dont have a "sheen" to them as well.

Yep, Photography 101: keep the light under control. You're a smart lad, no matter what everybody else says.