Fly Tying
eide

April Flies from the Vise

Little black nymph on a Kamasan B160 size 14. This one's a little messy but will fish fine. Been doing well on a local canal for roach and skimmer bream with these

Littleblacknymph_zps6e683697.jpg

Do you have many questions from the coarse fishers or have they gotten used to the odd block waving a fly rod about? Are you using super light fly rod on the canals?

Do you have many questions from the coarse fishers or have they gotten used to the odd block waving a fly rod about? Are you using super light fly rod on the canals?

Usually stuff along the lines of "there's no trout in here mate" but it seems to be getting more accepted. It's the carp anglers that can be loudest. Especially when I do well with a big bushy crane fly biggrin.png

On the canals for roach and rudd I use a 3/4 weight. If I'm using big dries or streamers for chub and perch I use my 6 weight smile.png

Usually stuff along the lines of "there's no trout in here mate" but it seems to be getting more accepted. It's the carp anglers that can be loudest. Especially when I do well with a big bushy crane fly biggrin.png

On the canals for roach and rudd I use a 3/4 weight. If I'm using big dries or streamers for chub and perch I use my 6 weight smile.png

Yeah the carpers sitting there with the static outfit for 10hours must be really peeved when you pluck one out on the fly. Used to love creeping round a big gravel pit and fishing nymphs to fish in margins while the bivies were snoring. Nothing like a reel drag to raise some heads.

ORANGEDARTS-1-_zpsc34ab2d2.jpg

Tungsten Orange Darts - Egan/Variant - Umpqua C400BL, #12 - #16...

PT/TB

what type of collar is take..like what hackle?

The hackle is Furnace Hen Neck...from Metz...

MatORANGEDART-1-_zps96353cb5.jpg

ORANGEDART-2-_zps4cee4194.jpg

PT/TB

Simple flies to catch me some trout.

post-43582-0-96959300-1397913314_thumb.jpg

Hook: Wet fly 12 - 16 (These are on 12s)

Thread: I've used black UTC 70 You can use whatever you like match the body colour if you like.

Rib: Fine gold oval. (Some may note it is not counter wrapped. It is wrapped to a different pitch than the body so no need.)

Body: Hearl either dyed or natural to the colour you want. Here I've used pheasant tail.

Hackle: Grey Partridge from a brown partridge. These are for the lochs so they have more hackle than if they were for the river. The river version would be much sparser.

Cheers,

C.