Fly Tying
Adventure568

Very unfortunate occurrence :(

My vise broke, the stem snapped in half. It was a vise that came with a fly tying estate(I guess you can call it that) and it is very old. I couldn't identify the vise all it says is made in India on the pedestal base. I went to put a hook in and the stem snapped right in half. I looked where it snapped and saw very old super glue residue, obviously it's happened before. I doubt I could get it to stay again, gluing it would just be a mess. Now I'm almost broke, 16 years old and trying to get a job. I know it's a huge favor but does anyone have an extra vise laying around? I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. If you do have an extra vise and want to get something in return, I do have extra orvis reels I can trade. Please anything would help.

Thank you

-Tristan

The same happened to me, except it was two that broke on the same night, don't worry plenty the people on here will help you out like they did me!

If it's the stem, or rod from the pedestal to the bottom of the vise you should be able to get a short piece of metal tubing or pipe the 2 halves of the stem would fit into snug & super glue or epoxy in place for a quick fix. If it's in

the bend a possibility of welding unless it's where the adjustment is. Welding could also overheat the metal

making it weaker.

I have a spare vise, shoot me a PM, and we can talk about a trade. My vise is a Roberto Pragilola made in Italy, It comes with 5 different jaws.

Now this I like. People helping people. I would give you one but I already gave it to a young man in the same type of situation. Glad there where others ready to jump in and help. Bravo gentlemen!! Bravo!!

Yep, I'd help but Fisherboy's using mine. Sounds like there's a few helpful hands out there for you tho.

Tristan, do you have a way to take pictures of the break. I've done a bit of welding & fabricating & can repair most anything. If it's fixable, I would be glad to do it for the cost of the postage! smile.png

I have a spare vise too, but it's been promised to someone already.

Thanks for the help everyone! I do appreciate it greatly but I did get my family friend to help me. He is going to weld it back together. I'm glad I can get it fixed and I want to say thumbs up for all the people that offered me help

Some very generous offers here! I'd offer something up but I'm a one vise kind of guy. Good luck with the hunt!