Fly Tying
Saltybum

From the Saltwater Bench

And if you tire of doing Blondes in all of the various color combinations... consider using those identical colors for clouser type bugs using the light color as the underwing (I do all of mine on one side of the hook since they're "guide flies" designed to be quick to tie and easy to discard as they get chewed...

Thanks Mike. It is actually palmer chenille, which I am started to like since it doesn't foul and is pretty easy to work with.

Flats, that is a very good looking bug -particularly when the water is a bit murky. A great variation would be to change the tail to white while leaving the rest of the bug pink. Over the years weve taken a lot of fish (snook,tarpon,trout, and redfish) on pink & white flies, jigs, and lures...

Thanks Capt and Bimini. Will definitely tie up some with a pink/white color scheme. Also have to add a weed guard since I'll primarily be tossing them into mangroves and the like.

Will do Salty.

Old Hat - Yes the tail material is craft fur. This fly pattern is becoming pretty popular down here. It is just composed of a Senyos Laser Dub head with a tail of your choice (usually zonker). I like to vary it up a bit with the tail materials and using flash. Change the color to your liking and you have a deadly fly for anything that will eat a small baitfish.