Fly Tying
banks

my poor mans flip flop bass poppers

Then I retract my earlier comment. LOL. I would say you got four winner flies then.

Very nice. Definitely the best I've seen posted. Guess I'll have to give them another try. I've just never found flip flops with the colors I like to use. Maybe the $1 stores or the craft stores are having a summer clearance sale. Something to do this weekend besides fish.

Tube fly poppers- I've tied up a few using the soft foam popper bodies, mainly pencil poppers or large salt water and bass poppers and I like the edge the sliding body gives me when fighting a fish. I must admit I use treble hooks with them. I also tie them on long articulated shanks with treble hooks.

The flip flop foam would be good for a variation on "Bob's Banger", which if you're not familiar with it, is a foam cylinder with a hole drilled or burned through the center of it to slide the line through with a teaser fly of buck tail, feathers or long flash attached to the line.

I. Use. A. Very large sizzers. Y

one more tip if you see the tops of the poppers they have that nice little curve to them thats the round part on the outside edge of the flip flop if you make one straight cut for your height from top to bottom all you have to do is cut the angle on the front and cut rear square use the preformed nice rounded edge on the flip flop

Very nice. Definitely the best I've seen posted. Guess I'll have to give them another try. I've just never found flip flops with the colors I like to use. Maybe the $1 stores or the craft stores are having a summer clearance sale. Something to do this weekend besides fish.

Tube fly poppers- I've tied up a few using the soft foam popper bodies, mainly pencil poppers or large salt water and bass poppers and I like the edge the sliding body gives me when fighting a fish. I must admit I use treble hooks with them. I also tie them on long articulated shanks with treble hooks.

The flip flop foam would be good for a variation on "Bob's Banger", which if you're not familiar with it, is a foam cylinder with a hole drilled or burned through the center of it to slide the line through with a teaser fly of buck tail, feathers or long flash attached to the line.

Are family dollar has them 99 cents pair I buy the biggest size i can get in yellow , black , grey , green , the grey is very lite I can make that one almost any color with permanent marker coat of clear nail polish , alot of you nail polishes now have the glitter right in them very easy to make them have alittle flash to

I use a Gary Krebs jig to shape my poppers. Also, use the softest, spongy flip flops you can find. Some of the stiffer ones are so dense that they barely float.

I use a Gary Krebs jig to shape my poppers. Also, use the softest, spongy flip flops you can find. Some of the stiffer ones are so dense that they barely float.

I DONT UNDERSTAND , IS THIS A ADVERTISEMENT TO SELL YOUR JIG SET , i just use a large sissors , mine are not shaped like these and it takes me about 8 seconds to cut out a popper , and i can make it any tone or color i want , But these look nice to , I dont knotch them for the hook either , I just push bodkin through it and push hook through no knotch

The video did nothing for me and a waste of time. Guess it would if I were in need of the jig.

I cant afford popper heads , A jig is out of question for me right now

If not a jig, well, I got a piece of copper pipe and filed one end into a sharp, circular edge. Then I use a tack-hammer and punch out pieces of rubber, foam, etc. I haven't used it on flip-flops, but I've read that others do. I don't use flip-flops because all the ones I've ever looked at were way too dense. But anyway, try a copper pipe punch.