Fly Tying
FlaFly

Best flies for crappies

I caught my only crappie on a Muddler Minnow. I would think that any minnow imitation that has a bit of silver flash would work. Good luck.

I had good success on bucktail flies (clousers etc.) and jigs. Black worked best, and yellow was a close second. I fished them just above the weeds, letting them fall into holes.

I have been catching crappies for the last several years on clousers. Either blue over white or pink over white with some silver flash. I do need some new patterns.

The Electric Chicken colors - Chartruse and Pink are good Crappie colors .. There is always Crappie Candy ..

Steve-stabgnid

Crappie Candy

crappie%20can_zpsma7cccal.jpg

Guest rich mc

last year the best crappie and gill fly was a rainys wee wiggler blue or chart , second was a mop fly on a 1/64 jighead samecolors originator of the wee wiggler craig will be at the atlanta fly show doing demos and a presentation rich

Perhaps a little late, but a white marabou tail with a silver tinsel chenille body---done. If you want to get fancy, add a little krystal flash to the tail. Pink and chartreuse tails work too.

Thanks, Bob H