Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

be safe, North Easterners

All y'all up there in the Great (Getting) Whiter North ... get tucked in and be safe over the next few days.

Good luck to all of you.

Thanks Mikechell,

Looks like we're getting between 2 and 3 feet when all is said and done. Now that being said is also looks like it is going to be the fluffy kind. Should be easy to move around. My daughter just informed me that they have already calls off school tomorrow. Thinking the fireplace will get a workout.

Michael

If you get three feet, that means you'll need an extra sock. Make sure it's the fluffy kind. :-)

Thanks for the well wishes. On Long Island where I am we are expecting 24-34 inches. It is what it is. As long as i have some beer and pretzels ill be tying away.Been snowing on and off since this morning and turned to constant snoe by noon. so we are in for a good clobbering.

I have only seen about 6" so far, its getting blown around into some bigger piles but I'm not seeing a lot of snow (in northern Vermont). Well see how much it adds up to, I never believe it until It is all said and done. The weather and news channels are all about hype and they are good at it. They make normal winter weather seem like a world ending life altering event.

I am just outside boston, had to work today so i was up early, snowblowed out. Went in, came home and cleaned up again. 20-26" of snow.

I have only seen about 6" so far, its getting blown around into some bigger piles but I'm not seeing a lot of snow (in northern Vermont). Well see how much it adds up to, I never believe it until It is all said and done. The weather and news channels are all about hype and they are good at it. They make normal winter weather seem like a world ending life altering event.

Yeah ... but then, they're afraid of repeating some of the hurricanes. Not enough "panic inducing" reporting and nobody listens.

So, they've adopted the attitude of "better safe than sorry".

Dodged the bullet, got maybe 4" and only normal wind. We were on the right side of the front this time. The temperatures for the next few days are going to be pretty cold so no real melting any time soon.

Steve

It just keeps coming. We got 24in out of the first storm (and 65mph wind gusts), 14in out of Friday's storm, and we are supposed to get another 10-16in tomorrow. I have to remain at work during snow storms to make sure fire exits are accessible. I love the snow, but having my job really kills the fun, though it is hard to complain about 30 hours of overtime.

Yeah that's the storm that is going to hit us later. More snow predicted for Wednesday. Worst thing is the snowbanks now at the intersections, can't see if traffic is coming unless you are halfway out in the road. I was going to fish a river that's open year round next weekend but I don't think I can even access it now.

I arrived at O'Hare around noon yesterday. Took me 2 hours to make the "30 minute" trip from the airport to the hotel. Then, most of the area got 16 to 20 inches of snow last night. The roads this morning were still white, with nothing but tire tracks to follow.

At least there were no major power outages like Boston had.

Really didn't get much snow here in Northern Michigan but the temps have been dropping.