Fly Tying
Crackaig

February Flies from the Vice

Could almost think they were painted with Stippled Popper's technique of pointillism (the hair poppers by Mr. Cream)?!?!?! lol Very dense deer hair work, simply amazing. Reminds me I got to get that fugly packer - SOON!

BCT

EZ body made it easy smile.png

attachicon.gifezbody.jpg

Now that's cool looking...I like that a lot!!! Great job indeed!!!! Care to share the step by step on that?

EZ body made it easy smile.png

attachicon.gifezbody.jpg

Now that's cool looking...I like that a lot!!! Great job indeed!!!! Care to share the step by step on that?

Hello, thank you for your kind words. I made a SBS on this forum: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=80554&do=findComment&comment=617800

Have fun!

Johnnyquahog, that sheepshead shad with the silver and white would be a killer for stripers. I'm hoping to make a fly rod trip to chase stripers and bass on Lake Texoma this summer with the fly rod and that would be ideal for when the birds circle and stripers force shad to the surface. They all look good but that one is especially appealing for stripers.

FattyMatt I really like those! they look like they'd be awesome for Stripers..Is that your own design?

Hey Joe,

Clousers/gotchas are so customizable, this fly is my variation. I just played with the colors and added a second synthetic rubber-like material called "spanflex" to act as the mouth parts. I agree, I think hungry stripers in nj would eat up weighted versions of these.

Hey Im out here on long island. Ever fish Montauk? Thats my stompin grounds. I live on the East end.

No but I've heard good things about it, seems like you get some epic bass/blue runs and nice flounder in the summer

FattyMatt I really like those! they look like they'd be awesome for Stripers..Is that your own design?

Hey Joe,

Clousers/gotchas are so customizable, this fly is my variation. I just played with the colors and added a second synthetic rubber-like material called "spanflex" to act as the mouth parts. I agree, I think hungry stripers in nj would eat up weighted versions of these.

Hey Im out here on long island. Ever fish Montauk? Thats my stompin grounds. I live on the East end.

No but I've heard good things about it, seems like you get some epic bass/blue runs and nice flounder in the summer

we do mostly in the spring and the fall. if you ever come this way let me know and we will fish together.

The cream and Johnny quahog, both of those deer spun patterns are really impressive! I.ve never tied one like that before i might give it a try.