Fly Tying
psychoprince

Steelhead Swap

OK guys just to let everyone know where we are at. I am still waiting on flies from Joseph Russell, they should be here soon. Bryon dropped out of the swap, so everyone will get one of their own back. We have a bunch of great flies in this swap, I am looking forward to sending them out soon. I really appreciate all the extras you guys sent!!

If you can make use of the flies I'm all for you keeping them for your efforts. For me you have to understand I have more flies than I'll ever use and send many to various charity functions and silent auctions. So then, if, and only if, you don't think you'll put them to use then I take one fly and move it up a box so that each person ends up getting two of someone else's but still none of their own. Most of us (ME) tie more than we send because we don't like this one or that one so tie a few extras. If you figure you can box them and use then definitely keep them.

Nick

All the flies are in and organized. I will be sending them out tomorrow. Thanks everyone for making my first swap go extremely smooth. There are some really great flies in the bunch. I really appreciate all the extras thanks everyone!

I received the flies yesterday and wow there are beautiful flies in there! Very inspiring! I'm going to put those to good use today in hopes that the rivers aren't blown out.Thank you psychoprince for hosting, this was a great swap.

All- received flies and they are awesome. Talented group and surely ready now to catch some streel. Great swap and thanks everyone!!

CG, I always liked it when the rivers were running "too high to fish". It took some serious weight and bigger, brighter flies but the fish were there. Knowing the places they could find refuge helped a lot. With the current like that they could be a bear to land but you could also use heavier leader to control them...sometimes.

Vic, I completely agree. I love fishing when the water is considered too high or dirty but when it's chocolate milk ehhh, not so much.....

I got quite a few grabs on the swap flies swinging on tuesday, nothing that wanted to stay on long enough to say hello face to face though. It was nice to experiment with different patterns rather than the "standard patterns" I would usually fish.