Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vjc

My first picture post

Hello all. I have been ready this forum for two years and really like looking at beautiful flies. Thought I'd post a picture of a recent fly I've tied. Criticism welcome.

post-51082-0-78012600-1424444993_thumb.jpg

Nice fly, and pretty good picture. I'd give it a ten if you hadn't clipped off the tail with your camera. Always best to take pic a bit larger, and crop it to suit. But good enough that we can see what you tied.

You should start with a fly that is done much more poorly than that one. From now on, we will expect every fly to be better than this one, and you have set up a pretty high standard for yourself. Looks great to me.

Welcome to the "participating" part of the site.

I love the colors. I agree with many previous comments ... it doesn't look like a "newbie" fly.

Great fly, just one thing. Please please show us the rabbit that Zonker strip was cut from!!!

Cheers,

C.

Nice fly, and pretty good picture. I'd give it a ten if you hadn't clipped off the tail with your camera. Always best to take pic a bit larger, and crop it to suit. But good enough that we can see what you tied.

Actually it is a case of sloppy cropping. I put up a better image. Thanks for reminding me to be more careful.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I have a few others I'll put up soon.