Fly Tying
Lotech Joe

Favorite Warm Water Fly

Topwater bugs almost all the time now...when it's feasible. I really like deerhair...I think it's tops. I think K. Dietrich said he loved to paint...me too, especially airbrushing. So I'm doing alot of this now too:post-56862-0-09582200-1443575297_thumb.jpgpost-56862-0-56759400-1443575352_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Ed

This one has been my most productive on panfish, & small bass..post-57362-0-33867300-1444185795_thumb.jpg good ol' squirmy wormy, hey almost everything that swims here eats worms

I prefer flip-flip poppers or other poppers...if the fish are taking poppers. If not, and frequently they're not, then a black wooley bugger. And a Clouser, greeen over whiite.

I've caught quite a number of fish on a 5wt rod and a 5wt fly, but lately have gravitated toward 7-8 wt rods and much bigger flies.

There is a difference between favorite fly and most productive fly, unless your most productive becomes your favorite or vise versa ! With out a doubt my most productive fly, cold or warm water species, is my weighted peacock herl and grizzly wooly bugger with black tail and not tied too small either I might add. It's caught everything out there I think, from salmon in Maine rivers on floating line during stonefly time, Big brookies up there too in May on sinking line or sink tip. To large mouth bass in ponds, panfish, rainbows in still water. Big browns in the early morning about this time of year in still water.. I have not tried it on pike, I'll keep that thought as my disclaimer..

But Favorite Fly For Warm Water, wow that's a tough one. I guess it would be a top water popper or deer hair diver with trailing saddle hackles, barring the fact it won't catch as many different fish as the wooly bugger.. They just look cool and top water is more fun.