Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Retirement rod package SHX 9ft 4wt

This is a rod package a number of people went in on together for a co-worker as a retirement gift. He's a FL State grad as well as Seminole so they wanted those traits worked into the rod somehow in a subtle way. So I did a faint outline of a seminole arrowhead in the opening of the reel seat, then wrapped the rod in Maroon & Gold and had a custom sock made to match as well as gold capped o-ring sealed tube.

uBYymr.jpg

YGfsi9.jpg

2evbII.jpg

013oQ1.jpg

rFCo0E.jpg

7t8OLa.jpg

I could only hope to have as good as colleagues to receive something like this. BEAUTIFUL!

I did the arrowhead with my ALPS MD2000 printer which prints in metallic inks. It's done on waterslide paper then sandwhiched between two layers of rod finish.

That's not pretty.... it's absolutely gorgeous! That's the one I want my friends to buy for me!

Steve! I'm inlove with that cork in the middle of the handle! If i win the lotto? I'll buy any kind of rod just to be able to order that kind of cork!

Adam ... you don't need to win the lotto ... just watch the board for one of Steve's sale rods. Fantastic prices for custom built rods. Even the shipping isn't terrible.