Fly Tying
eide

April Flies from the Vice

Morroboarder, Great crayfish. Fury Foam isn't used as much as it could be. The best place to source it is as "Beading mats" You get about 8x as much for less then the price of a pack of Fury Foam.

Cheers,

C.

post-35105-0-98469200-1430271301_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all the tyers on this forum. After lurking for awhile, I participated in two swaps this Spring. It was great fun, I learned a lot, and was very impressed with the quality of the flies from the other tiers. I have wanted to participate in more, but needed to fill up the fly boxes before opening day. This is my first attempt at an articulated fly. It is tied with two 6/0 hooks and is 13 inches long. I am looking for other color combinations and would appreciate some comments.

MuskyFlyGuy

attachicon.gifIMG_0282.JPG

Thanks to all the tyers on this forum. After lurking for awhile, I participated in two swaps this Spring. It was great fun, I learned a lot, and was very impressed with the quality of the flies from the other tiers. I have wanted to participate in more, but needed to fill up the fly boxes before opening day. This is my first attempt at an articulated fly. It is tied with two 6/0 hooks and is 13 inches long. I am looking for other color combinations and would appreciate some comments.

MuskyFlyGuy

You are doing an awesome job man. The coloration and profiles should match that of the forage in the waters you fish. One stream I fish has a lot of small mouth bass and suckers in it. So I have flies that match them in rough dimensions and coloration, as well as flies that look like sunfish. Also I tie up some that have rainbow trout colorations for streams and lakes that are stocked with trout that hold musky/pike. But for just pure attraction colorations I like all white, white/red, chartreuse w/black head, pink/purple, and then all black, black/purple. Find your confidence fly and coloration and then go nuts and good luck

Something new to test.

IMG_5128_zpssi5ioyjg.jpg

Now that is very interesting! What is that belly made out of?

Translucent pearl beads coated in Liquid Fusion.

Hi Folks,

Just joined the forum. This is my first post (please be kind. he.. he.. he). These are some of the stuffs that I've been working on over the winter and just in time for the April flies.

post-55960-0-37787000-1430446245_thumb.jpgpost-55960-0-05158600-1430446249_thumb.jpgpost-55960-0-37361900-1430446255_thumb.jpgpost-55960-0-94773500-1430446261_thumb.jpg

Something new to test.

IMG_5128_zpssi5ioyjg.jpg

Nothing feels better like sticking a good fish on a new pattern. This crappie went 13" which is trophy citation size for Ohio.

P4300966_zpsi4f7gn86.jpg

P4300968_zpsce7pddfp.jpg