Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable vacation 2015

Just got back from 2 weeks on the Au Sable so thought I'd share some pics. Fishing was tough this year, caught some nice fish but really worked hard for them. Some days were 6 hours just for one decent fish. Mixed it up with lots of bass, pike and other species this year. I have tons of pics so I'll keep posting them here over the next few days as I get them resized and uploaded.

5dbqgc.jpg
gAR5hP.jpg
AyINZW.jpg
qtf712.jpg
uzrBVe.jpg
FAvW5z.jpg
dn7h2q.jpg
bBxipq.jpg
hj659I.jpg
QerujM.jpg

More to come soon...

Some pics from fish that bite back. Chased some pike on the fly in the evenings. Last pic is the tandem streamer they attacked hard, or whats left of it.

JoZhVR.jpg
pPfrW1.jpg
3tdq5Q.jpg
J8qODe.jpg
1JxRJI.jpg
gqO4c4.jpg

More to come....

Wow, that's some variety of fish you got there. Sounds like heaven to me. That's a lot of different fish in one area. Nice!

Great fish pix. But I'm not used to seeing you without glasses. Did you switch to contacts?

In the first batch, there was one where you were bare-faced.... made me wonder.

awesome pics. it looks like you had a great time.

question -how are you finding river bass in this heat? i've been shutout for over a week now.

"Fishing was tough this year, caught some nice fish but really worked hard for them. Some days were 6 hours just for one decent fish."

HAH !!! You must be some kind of spoiled brat !!! If all those fish are what you consider "Really working hard for them" ... what kind of days are you USED to ... fishing in a bathtub full of starved sharks?

Wait a minute and let me go get my crying towel ... okay there. Boo hoo, 6 long, terrible HOURS for one decent fish, sniff, what's a person to DO?!?!?!

Okay, now that the rant is over ... Great pictures of some very nice fish !!!

Sorry your trip had to end, but I must say, glad to see you back on the site.

"Fishing was tough this year, caught some nice fish but really worked hard for them. Some days were 6 hours just for one decent fish."

HAH !!! You must be some kind of spoiled brat !!! If all those fish are what you consider "Really working hard for them" ... what kind of days are you USED to ... fishing in a bathtub full of starved sharks?

Wait a minute and let me go get my crying towel ... okay there. Boo hoo, 6 long, terrible HOURS for one decent fish, sniff, what's a person to DO?!?!?!

Okay, now that the rant is over ... Great pictures of some very nice fish !!!

Sorry your trip had to end, but I must say, glad to see you back on the site.

It's a tough life Mike ;)

Is that your hedge hog? You never said you had one, or posted any pics before. Wife loves them, and I think their pretty cute ... plus they'd make a pretty good rat imitation if you run out of pike flies. Wife would beat me if she saw me write that last part.