Fly Tying
cnc

The tying corner

That is really nice. I have been looking for a used one for awhile now and have had no luck.

Thank you, try craigslist

Yeap keep on looking on Craiglist. It took me over 3 months to fine one that was in great shape that did not cost an arm and a leg. Mine is solid oak not of the veneer over particleboard crap. Good desks are out there you just have to be patience...

Yep, and if you have thrift shops and estate sales those are gold mines for quality furniture. Im looking for a vintage leather wingback chair now for reading

Are you sure its oak? It really does not look like oak to me from what I can tell. The burl is throwing me. Are you sure that's not mahogany. It does not look like its been stained and the burl looks more like what you would see in mahagony.

Are you sure its oak? It really does not look like oak to me from what I can tell. The burl is throwing me. Are you sure that's not mahogany. It does not look like its been stained and the burl looks more like what you would see in mahagony.

no im not sure its oak I didnt think about mahogany but that makes more sense

Its ok Mike I actually got it for an incredible price $200. Its 5ft wide and she needed two desks with shelving in the room in her new house.

Great buy Joseph and wow what an awesome desk.

I have been looking for something like this locally in Australia and usually attract a USD1500 -USD2000 price tag (depending on condition)

Cheers

VB

Its ok Mike I actually got it for an incredible price $200. Its 5ft wide and she needed two desks with shelving in the room in her new house.

Great buy Joseph and wow what an awesome desk.

I have been looking for something like this locally in Australia and usually attract a USD1500 -USD2000 price tag (depending on condition)

Cheers

VB

Thank you, that's pretty much what I would expect this desk to go for in the right setting. Not that I would sell it.

What state you from? That desk was paid for by tax payers. If Florida, that desk was part mine. She made $200 free and clear.

What state you from? That desk was paid for by tax payers. If Florida, that desk was part mine. She made $200 free and clear.

Lmao maybe, maybe not it was at her house not office. Yes Florida.

Joe... if it's part mine, you're welcome to my share. I don't have any more room for any more furniture anyway.

Joe... if it's part mine, you're welcome to my share. I don't have any more room for any more furniture anyway.

Lol thanks. I guess ill just have to start calling it the peoples desk!

Hey Joe it is quite possibly mahogany with walnut burl panels

Nice desk Joe. I have a 1920's era rolltop that I tie on that I found on Ebay. Seen better days but serves it's purpose well.

I looked a long time before I found it. I even looked at new desk's. Seems everything I found that was affordable was setup for a computer. I did find one at a furniture store that wasn't. It had all kinds of storage with the hutch that sat on top of it. About s__t myself with the $5000 price tag, on sale. About s__t myself again when the wife said if you really want it get it.

After being married for more than 25 years at the time I had learned when to say; No, it would be nice but I'll find something else. Dammit.