Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

7ft 4wt 3pc

71_zpsnrwc0bu3.jpg

72_zpsbgzsgjre.jpg

73_zpsoun3g0ax.jpg

Been a while since I posted any rods lately. It's not that I haven't been busy, but rather just been getting away from spending so much time in front of the computer is all. But figured I'd post up a rod that I just finished the other day. This one is a 7ft 4wt 3pc for a customer for small streams. Has a double lock wood reel seat with custom grip out of burl corks and matching red accents. Classic twist red.blk main wraps with gold metallic trim and some spiral over wraps.

71_zpsnrwc0bu3.jpg

72_zpsbgzsgjre.jpg

73_zpsoun3g0ax.jpg

Been a while since I posted any rods lately. It's not that I haven't been busy, but rather just been getting away from spending so much time in front of the computer is all. But figured I'd post up a rod that I just finished the other day. This one is a 7ft 4wt 3pc for a customer for small streams. Has a double lock wood reel seat with custom grip out of burl corks and matching red accents. Classic twist red.blk main wraps with gold metallic trim and some spiral over wraps.

Nice looking, pretty, love the red or burgundy or what ever it is, very nice !

Hmmmm.

I didn't think I'd really like any rod that didn't have some blue in it ... but I was wrong. I really do like the colors of this one. Those gold wraps stand out like the colors of a Coral Snake.

Oops. I hope that rod wasn't built for you, Dave.

Nah I was just kidding, though I really don't like snakes. I build my own rods anyway Mike, not quite to Steve's standards though . His builds are consistently awesome.

A beautiful rod, Steve. I like the color, too, despite MIke's comment about looking like a coral snake ...let's see, red and black, friend of Jack; red and yellow, kill a fellow. I lived in SoFla for 6 years. Don't like Mr. No-shoulders.

steve