10wt Eternity2 Musky rod

10wt1_zps8qxot6fx.jpg

10wt2_zpstqylsaq5.jpg

10wt3_zpsbfa4shro.jpg

10wt4_zps03cmylje.jpg

10wt5_zpsxrqox3iq.jpg

10wt6_zpsdyu329ks.jpg

10wt7_zps1usxp6hp.jpg

Here is a very high end build just off the bench for a Musky client whom is going to be putting this one to use on a guided trip with Lake St Clair Musky guide Capt Eric Grajewski in a couple months. It's a fast action 9ft 10wt Eternity blank with high end Lemke reel seat hardware and acrylic blue insert by Ron Weber of Southwest Custom Rods. Blue inserted triple stripper guides, ECO coated Snake brand snake running guides, Flor grade full wells grip and matching butt. Rounded out with a three feather inlay, metallic green trim on the ferules only, a custom sewn rod sock and custom o-ring aluminum tube from Ron at Landmark.

Figured you would like the blue scheme Mike ;)

Brian the green on the feather inlay is a bright green hackle feather over a grizzly hackle, then metallic green thread at the base.

Classy, dude! Add another quality job to the list. I thought the insert was from Ron. Length of blank?

As the client and soon-to-be-recipient on this work of art, I can say mikechell, by the time I scrolled to the last picture this afternoon, it was too late for a cold shower... :-)

I contacted Steve with some fairly specific ideas about what I wanted - asking his advice on a few options for components, and laying out my preferences for both action and aesthetics. It was painfully obvious to me after an email or two that a.) he had a good deal of patience for a pain-in-the-ass client like me, and b.) he grasped very quickly, exactly, what I wanted. He listened to my preferences, and I listened to his advice. A bit of mutual trust and some superior quality components from the Ron's later, - wow! just wow!

All I can say is that Mr. Steve way exceeded my expectations, delivering not just the goods but some way-tasty condiments, and I am an exceedingly happy diner! I have been fortunate enough to have several high end builds made, and from what I can see, this is quite likely to become the star of the collection.

Can't wait to get this naughty girl in my hands! I'll have a week or two for some lawn foreplay, then she'll be down to a little caye off the coast of Belize with me in May. Then a change of lines and off to Lake St Clair with Captain E as mentioned by Steve, followed by a couple local trips, then capping off with a 5-day frisky finale in Musky Country in NW Wisconsin in September.

Life is good! And my humblest thanks again Steve-san!

J