Fly Tying
Bimini15

Who is smoking meat today? Let's hear the recipes...

I know I am the odd man out on this site, in a few ways. And this thread is just another aspect I am not typical on.

I hate cooking on a grill. I don't like cooking period, but even more so on a grill.

If the Mrs. and I want grilled food, there's restaurants that serve it.

What he said!

Not smoking today, but this time of year does hold a lot of memories for me. Before I was married and still on the parents dime I had the time to deer hunt. If I harvested one I smoked just about every bit of it, luckily my uncle had a smoker the size of a car so that made it easy.

Chuck roast:

Salt

Pepper

Onion

Garlic

Chipotle (or cayenne)

Place a aluminum pan with onions and Greek peppers underneath. 225F until a IT of 200...if it goes past 206 you just made a pot roast. 200 is perfect. 195 is too tough IMO. At the stall, place the roast in the pan and cover. You'll hit 195-200 quickly at this point so pay attention. I can't get a decent tri tip here so this is a good substitute for Santa Maria BBQ.

F403F540-5FCF-44A2-8AFD-A27F8B74F077_zps

These are damn good beans. Not sure if I am keen on the pineapple though, that texture was hard to get past for me.

I just got back from a hunting trip and the camp cook made beans over a slice of apple pie. It was pretty amazing.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/50945/dutchs-wicked-baked-beans

CD89FE44-310B-4E08-91A0-BE62B0ADE637_zps

I can't stand cooked pineapple. I love raw pineapple, but not on anything, just by itself.

Baked beans can be great, if done right ... but I do believe the pineapple would've ruined the whole batch for me.

I live 25 years with no oven long story.

I've cooked everything you would cook in a oven on a grill or a smoker all those years.

Then I ran around with a guy who competed in barbecue cook offs for eight years.

I learned a lot, let's just say I am an expert using grills and smokers and I love doing it.

I'll post some rubs and recipes later.

I lived 25 years with no oven, long story.

I've cooked everything you would cook in a oven on a grill or a smoker all those years.

Then I ran around with a guy who competed in barbecue cook offs for eight years.

I learned a lot, let's just say I am an expert using grills and smokers and I love doing it.

I'll post some rubs and recipes later.