Fly Tying
Bimini15

Who is smoking meat today? Let's hear the recipes...

Nothing today but I grilled kabobs over the weekend and sword fish last week. Getting a bit stormy out here today, have a few small branches down in the yard so far. If that's as bad as it gets that would be nice ! We folded and put away the table and umbrella set, that might be about it for this year anyway.

Same thing here in South Florida. Too stormy to cook out, but for us it is slowly moving towards the beginning of the better weather.

Adam, my father smoked and drank till he was 72. At age 72 he was air lifted from a car crash to a Boston hospital. Had he not been a smoker and had not drank so heavy he might of survived they told me. Instead he went on ventilator and 24/7 they tried to clear his lungs of fluid and tar. He lasted 21 days like that, got pneumonia and suffered a heart attack. We buried him 3 days later.

I ate some smoked brisket. All I can tell you is the guy that actually smoked it started at 4 AM. I really appreciated his commitment.

I don't own a smoker but my stepson does. I just grill stuff but since I only scrape the grill down periodically it tends to smoke up ( I know that's not the same thing). . But here is the deal, everyone raves about the food when I clean the grate least LOL !

Flank steak dry rubbed and in the refrigerator. Coals about to be lit. Got corn on the cob and some hot italian sausage ready to join the flank. Just waiting of the right moment to start up the coals. Maybe now.

Just took the chops off the grill. Tater salad and fresh local corn. Wasn't smoked but I did slow cook it after searing over the flame. Threw some hickory chips in with the coals. Yum yum.

post-59266-0-94905000-1473114460_thumb.jpg

I know I am the odd man out on this site, in a few ways. And this thread is just another aspect I am not typical on.

I hate cooking on a grill. I don't like cooking period, but even more so on a grill.

If the Mrs. and I want grilled food, there's restaurants that serve it.

Mikechell

None where I live. The county where I live is still dry. Town went wet a few years ago. I love cooking on the grill (big green egg). Smoker is barrel with side box.

Where I like to cook most is inside our pellet stove ( winter time only obviously), veggies in a packet on the shelf beside the flame and meat in a packet on the opposite shelf. Place it all in there and forget it for 1/2 hour or so, stab with a fork to see if it's done and adjust time accordingly. Potato might take a bit longer. It just depends on how much heat the house is calling for. But the good thing is non gas consumed , we are burning the stove anyway. Course it's not so much grilled though there is a slight element of smoke.