Fly Tying
flytire

March Flies From The Vise

turkey tail, merriams to be exact. the natural brown/black barring on them gives the case the perfect look.

Tied up some crappie imitation for bass, pike, and musky. Also going to give those cohen crayfish a try.

post-43467-0-24799300-1488563581_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-16683900-1488563587_thumb.jpg

post-43467-0-41652800-1488563592_thumb.jpg

Still learning the ropes. Trying a CDC Elk Hair Caddis from tightline video... the hair is fighting me at the moment.

Welcome to the forum, keep posting, hair flies can do that to all of us. But it will go fishing just fine, as is.

You may want to throw the next photo into a separate thread, ask questions about the places where things got awkward.

Many keen eyes, with helpful comments, always happy to assist here!

Still learning the ropes. Trying a CDC Elk Hair Caddis from tightline video... the hair is fighting me at the moment.

Half the battle is picking the right Elk Hair. I asked Charlie Craven which is the best hair to use

and he said Yearling Elk. It looks like you are using the thicker Elk hair which is huge tube and really flairs

when you cinch it down as you can.

The yearling stuff is a thinner tube and will not flair as much and get unruly.

Kimo

post-55238-0-09002800-1488649050_thumb.jpg I was on the piss all day everyday week 8 while i had winter holidays! If i anoyed anyone? I Apologize! Felt like i lived at work all last week & next couple of weeks look the same!?! Did get home early enough yesturday to ty this what i'd been thinking of all week! Will be coastal seatrout fishing again very soon! Sorry again if i anoyed anyone? But i'm not gonna pay any money!

With help from some friends, I learned a new pattern and some new techniques.

Rusty Rat

Rust_rat_0317_zpspwd5hmes.jpg

Photographing your flies can be very humbling. I still have a lot to learn... (But, I'm still having fun. smile.png )

Rust_rat_0317_tail_LI_zps1dwn9ylu.jpg

Rust_rat_0317_head_LI_zps5ziw9aqj.jpg