Fly Tying
islander727

Snook Flies Swap

I'm going to run over to the nephew's farm pond as soon as they get here and if throw them all and can't catch a snook out of there I'm going to be disappointed. Looking forward to these as always.

You stand a good chance with this batch of flies!

I'm going to take some pics sometime this weekend of these, and, if all goes well, I'll get them posted.

That's an awesome fly!

Thanks for the compliment Islander.

Item #'s have been added to SBS.

Recently I was fishing my Smelt version in the rain (see in Bass swap) when this Bass started chasing it.

Not sure when he started chasing, but about 20 ft away he was pouring on the steam and crushed it.

Well... I got the flies!!!

Awesome ties everyone these are going to slay the snook. Hopefully these bring some of us Floridians our first snooks on the fly rod. Super stoked to try em out

Also a big thank you to Islander for doing such an excellent job and I believe this was his first time as a SM. A pat on the back for you man and thank you so much for taking care of my mess so generously!!

Flats

Would someone post a picture of my fly. I admit to being in a rush to get them out I didn't tie any backups. The first versions I did were different and somehow I think the picture of FRers looks a lot like what I thought I sent. Also, did you mix them up or was I short a fly? Thought I counted them a few times to be right on. Was working on another swap at same time with deadline coming and had 5 grandkids here, 3 all the time and 2 in and out for the summer so things got pretty confusing since my tie room was also the spare bedroom which was full of dolls and toys all the time.

Here you go Vicrider. Really nice tie by the way.

I didn't think I would see them till Monday at work. Lucky for me, the maillady knows where I live and surprised me with a present.

Nice work by everyone!

Big thanks to Islander for hosting a swap for my favorite game fish.

Caloosahatchee snook better watch out.. and September season is right around the corner. Woo hoo.

post-59266-0-32777200-1501983299_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-62790100-1501983309_thumb.jpg

Would someone post a picture of my fly. I admit to being in a rush to get them out I didn't tie any backups. The first versions I did were different and somehow I think the picture of FRers looks a lot like what I thought I sent. Also, did you mix them up or was I short a fly? Thought I counted them a few times to be right on. Was working on another swap at same time with deadline coming and had 5 grandkids here, 3 all the time and 2 in and out for the summer so things got pretty confusing since my tie room was also the spare bedroom which was full of dolls and toys all the time.

Most likely I goofed. I'm almost positive you sent enough! Sorry, man!

Thanks cb. I looked at FR's and thought it might be mine. Kind of along the same line of thinking but had a little more bling on mine with maybe one size bigger estaz (sp?). Yeah, it's not bad. Now that I finally have more time to myself with all grandkids home to go to school I an do a few more for myself. Wouldn't surprise me if a slow minded bass mistook it for a shad.

WOW...Like Christmas in Aug. from FlyTyingForum...

PO Box was full of goodies. A couple for wife but I just left those there...but for me...The return of the Challenge flies...The return of the Snook flies...Silver Creeks Resin including his new soft set Flex Resin and his new laser light hardener.

Flies from both swaps were just a little ways beyond excellent and though the other swap was geared toward trout for the most part (not mine) this Snook swap I can see lots of use for both bass and crappie in there. Thanks again for a great set of flies and well handled swap.