Fly Tying
Kimo

January Flies from the Vise

hanging midges and comparaduns work nicely for me, too. I'm looking forward to some winter tailwater fishing hopefully this week, if not then soon

BCT, GP, Chug, Kimo, hope the trout with biggest shoulders gets to your flies first, there is gonna be finned fighting over these beauties.

Here is a TwoQuill Wooolly with #10 stimi hook for chassis

IMG_0270.JPG

You know ... I never realized just how much this site helps me get through a weekend in a hotel.

I mean, I've always enjoyed the time I spend in here ... well, it's a bit more than that.

Last week, I got a bad case of food poisoning, from Longhorn Steakhouse. Wednesday and Thursday were truly horrendous days for me. Friday was a bit better, and I actually ate some food that day. I also got online for the first time ... and saw that there was no FTF !?!?!

Saturday ... I felt much better, but still couldn't be more than 30 seconds from a toilet.

Sunday I was good. Felt fine, ate food from Arby's next door. Didn't NEED it, but still wanted to stay within sprint distance of the loo.

So, here I was. I didn't feel "right" enough to tie many flies ... and my favorite forum site was down. I really missed you people !!!

I did manage to tie something new for me.

Kimo style scud ...

Richmond Flies 2018 004.jpg

And grass shrimp ... left and right sides ....

Richmond Flies 2018 006.JPG

Richmond Flies 2018 005.JPG

My first fly of the month submission. I decided not to be intimidated by the great ties and fancy camera work.

It's suppose to be a black caddis but I didn't have dyed black mallard flank so I used an al dente mallard flank. Maybe I'll call it a flying ant.

post-48414-0-93973300-1516064922_thumb.jpeg

@poopdeck

I like that downwing, did you figure that out? Should work great. I think I've only seen that done with upwings and emergers