Fly Tying
Rjohn7

I just don't get it.

Wait, your not married to her, you don't live with her and she lives in an apartment over your garage? Why do you need to understand a tenant? I say enjoy the use of her old coat and don't worry about her stewing in her apartment.

You should have given it to the Goodwill and then bought it back. Then it's yours to do with as you please.

This won’t help I’m sure but goodwill is one of the crookedest charity scams there is. They pay their employees next to nothing, their inventory is given to them, which they sell at pure profit and pay no taxes and their CEO makes like two million a year.

After a check on Charity Navigator, I can find no CEO of any listed and rated Goodwill Industries locations making more than $444,000. That figure was less than 1.5% of total revenue. The other CEO salaries were all under that and all under 01% of revenue. All listed Goodwill Industries were given a score between 81 and 95 by Charity Navigator. Goodwill is NOT just one organization, but many regional organizations. They do many different kinds of work other than operate the stores that most of us are familiar with.

This won’t help I’m sure but goodwill is one of the crookedest charity scams there is. They pay their employees next to nothing, their inventory is given to them, which they sell at pure profit and pay no taxes and their CEO makes like two million a year.

https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-and-metrics/goodwill-industries-international-national-office/226

You are repeating rumors that have been proved false. Snopes busted this rumor 13 years ago in 2005.

• Goodwill: Goodwill Industries International is not a business that takes in donated items and resells them for a profit. It is a not-for-profit organization that provides job training, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges. Goodwill raises money for their programs through a chain of thrift stores which also operate as non-profits.The CEO of Goodwill Industries International is not Mark Curran, nor does he make $2.3 million a year. The current President and CEO of Goodwill is Jim Gibbons, who in 2015 received a total reported compensation of $712,202.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/executive-salaries-charities/

http://www.goodwill.org/uncategorized/think-before-you-donate-and-get-the-facts-about-email-rumors/

What was a "buzz kill"? gsurko with the fake news ... or Silver with the research that proved it fake?

"Buzz Kill" = We quickly went from a comical story about the effects of dubbing materials on family relationships to corporate greed.

Happens once in a while, Flicted. We get over it and move on. If the thread gets "mean", then we lock or delete it.