Fly Tying
vicrider

Time for Secret Santa Christmas Swap Planning

UH OH oakfoot, what reply are you waiting for? Must have missed it. If it's addy that's right there on the front page in red letters. Otherwise let me know what you need a reply too. Old mind didn't store any requests from you recently. Sorry.

Nick

Well, I missed the Caddis For Christmas Swap. I surely don’t want to miss this one. And just before a 10 day period when I may not be able to tie! I may have to ask for an extra helping of grace on this one. But I’m in.

On another note. I sometimes have problems connecting to the forum now because of a super slow internet connection. That’s one reason I missed the Caddis Swap. If anyone wants my email address or a phone number for texting, let me know.

BB

almost done with heat treat on my contribution, I'm thinking green stabilized wood with red and white liners or maybe just red, any input?

Since I'm making a sheath for it are there any swap members who would want a lefty sheath should they get the knife?

post-58401-0-20987200-1541350370_thumb.jpg

Nick I noticed my name isn't on the swap list, I was thinking if you wanted to do a drawing for the knife maybe mikechell would be willing to do an old school name out of a hat type drawing for us and put it on YouTube for us to view, I would do it but I don't you tube.

vicente, I don't know if you put your name in on this or not but I'd definitely love to have in the Christmas Swap. When we get closer to the actual end of swap I thought I'd put a post out for those who would prefer the knife to a fly box. I just kind of figured I'd put the names on a wheel of chance on the internet and let her spin a winner. I can't play a part in how that picks anyone. Hoping you're in the swap again this year.

Nick

ps Woodenlegs, you box looks great.

yep I want in I just plan to submit the knife vs a box of flys given the ridiculous amount of nice flys I gave from swaps there's a huge amount of my ok looking flys out there I figured I would do a knife instead and give someone a chance to get something different.

vicente, will definitely put your knife out there for those who choose to do that instead of fly box. I'll do it as a drawing type of thing and that way the person getting won't know until they open their gift. Looking forward to the quality of this swap even if it is a little smaller than the last few years.

A little parcel from Oz has arrived at the Tulsa, Oklahoma distribution centre.... It's pretty close.... Fingers crossed it makes it the rest of the way.

Hey Vic, and Everybody,

Wanted to give you all an update. SmokinGuns(my wife) and I are working on our boxes and should have them out the door soon. Please note my wife is a new tier so we are sweetening her box with some other flies.

It is always fun getting a box in return.

CCW