Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

Mark, very nice indeed! I'm a big believer in form follows function and you nailed it while still adding some artistic embellishment. Too often I see knives that look like they are either thrown together with bailing wire and rough shaped or they have so much superfluous stuff added that they look like a goth teenager that went on a piercing binge and can now no longer do anything but sit in moms basement for fear of having something torn off by the shrubbery outside. Again good stuff. Very generous client you have there.

Swamp

P.S. Three guesses as to which pair Mike would choose! LOL

Thanks everybody for the props. You end up with sore hands after a marathon build like that. They were shipped in time, and my hands are feeling better. I'm guessing Mike would have chosen the blue handled ones. I can be accused of over dressing my knives at time as well as my flies. Being a custom knife maker, I have to make what my customers want. Overwhelmingly they want bling.

Now, it's time for some ice fishing.

Nice work Vicente

Isn't that the truth! The customer is always right even when they are wrong, if it turns out the customer was actually wrong then you take the blame. That's the reality of making things for other people.

Swamp

Had a rare kid-free weekend so put together a quick and dirty fly wallet. Plan to use it for feather wing streamers and winged wets, but for now I have some hair wings from a swap in it.

post-59660-0-38643000-1577671632_thumb.jpeg

post-59660-0-41901200-1577671649_thumb.jpeg

ive been working on paperwork for my 92 year old father gathering his income and expenses for his annual renewal of Medicaid services.

its a real pain in the ass collecting and sorting through a year long amount of receipts of all his purchases, checking account statements, social security statements etc

every receipt and expenses have to be accounted for and reported

luckily it only takes about a week of gathering the info and inputting the info into an excel spreadsheet

I'm working on finding a way to keep a 2 and 4 year old fed, washed entertained and separated from my ill wife whom they adore.

Today is my birthday and I've been off work on vacation since Christmas Eve until Jan 2nd. My grand plan included spending many an hour at my vise after the chaos of Christmas. I scheduled a few hours to help my wife de Christmas our house and a few hours at the RMV to obtain a real ID but after that I had at least 4 full days of tying time before our 2 youngest grandchildren arrive to stay with us for the week. Our two daughters and families are spending the week in the Fla Keys. We volunteered to take care of the little ones so they and our older grand kids could have some freedom on a well earned vacation. It was a perfect plan BUT-

The day after Christmas I got a severe flu and those 4 days were spent in general misery. My wife is fighting it now and is in the second day. Both the 2 year old and the 4 year old were really sick before Christmas so I suspect one or the other might be patient zero, therefore immune. Still I'm really concerned they could come down with this. I've been sanitizing everything I can think of this morning while trying to create a plan.