Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

Crayfish & Co. Swap

Received my set yesterday, what a great looking assortment. Very glad I participated. Thank you Bryon for hosting the swap, I can't wait to put them to good use.

Since I'm new to swaps on this site, I hope this is not out of order. I usually take a photo of 'new to me' flies, as my memory has gone the way of the Dodo and I would never remember them otherwise. I assume all have received their flies back from the swap, so I thought I'd post the pic of the ones I received.

Thank you again Bryon for hosting and for all who participated, I now have a great set of crayfish patterns, in sizes and styles.

IMG-20200207-193746-01.jpg

Thanks for posting that niveker, now Mark won't grumble at us for not posting pictures.

LOL. I always like to see the flies in a swap that I didn't participate in.

It's NOT out of order, niveker. It fact it's quite welcome, thank you very much.

Since only a few can participate in a swap, that leaves a bunch of others out of the loop. It's very nice to see what's being tied up in the swaps.

Since I'm new to swaps on this site, I hope this is not out of order. I usually take a photo of 'new to me' flies, as my memory has gone the way of the Dodo and I would never remember them otherwise. I assume all have received their flies back from the swap, so I thought I'd post the pic of the ones I received.

Thank you again Bryon for hosting and for all who participated, I now have a great set of crayfish patterns, in sizes and styles.

IMG-20200207-193746-01.jpg

Thank you for posting a photo of the flies, niveker -- I normally try to do that for the swaps that I run, but I hadn't gotten around to it for this one so you helped me out! :)

😁 Glad to see it worked for you. !!!  It's what I catch about 80% of my fish on.

Had a few minutes to shore fish down at the lake this evening and thought it was about time to tie on one of the flies I received from this swap.  Caught a few sunfish and on the last cast a nice crappie.  Not sure of the tier, but thank you, nicely done!

IMG-20200207-193746-01a.jpg

IMG-20200507-194101.jpg

IMG-20200507-200741.jpg

IMG-20200507-201054.jpg

10 hours ago, Johnw1986 said:

Awesome man! Thanks for the pic! Maybe on my next swap I host, I can tie you some extras

Thank you, John.  It looks like a pretty simple tie, and obviously effective.  I have a ton of those pheasant neck feathers, too.  I'll have to stock up on that variegated chenille, I use a similar one on a Tequeely

Te-Queeley.jpg

That Sunfish has lived for a while with part of it's gill flap missing.  Amazing testament to how tough those little fish are.