Fly Tying
petelangevin

Nice little reel score

Was on a local page for ages,  really only wanted 2 of them but all with some fresh grease and a good cleaning will be useable.   Got an 8 ft garcia fly rod with a hard travel tube too.   

9FEC45A5-5F5F-4660-B7A6-13CA81DAB1CE.jpeg

I only see one that I'd guess antique, in a collectors sense, I'd have guessed "70s vintage on the others,  but  I see good working reels that will fish just as well as  brand new $$$$$ reels in most fresh water venues. Probably for another life time. Looks like a score to me. 

Is the rod "glass or graphite? Some of those Conolons were well liked.

33 minutes ago, tjm said:

I only see one that I'd guess antique, in a collectors sense, I'd have guessed "70s vintage on the others,  but  I see good working reels that will fish just as well as  brand new $$$$$ reels in most fresh water venues. Probably for another life time. Looks like a score to me. 

Is the rod "glass or graphite? Some of those Conolons were well liked.

The rod ended up being a spinning rod,  i might put the auto reel on it and hang it up on the wall in my tying room.

The pflueger is a 1494,   The martins are 65’s.  The royalist is a 370,    The Langley Riffle is a 198.   

The auto is a fun little reel,  i may find a glass rod to throw it on.   

I wanted the Langley the most as I thought it would balance out a glass rod that was made for me (my first rod) by an old friend.   But its not big enough.    I had a 1598rc pflueger on it and balances fine.  (6wt glass rod).  Really needs a heavier grip or a rod butt to keep it from being too front heavy