Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pete

James Leisenring's personal fly tying material and signed book

Gotta admit ... that was not what I was expecting.  It IS, however, a very cool garden sculpture.  👍

See, now I need at least 9 more shovels. I can't accept any creativity points since I use the internet to steal the creativity and knowledge of others. It's definately a conversation starter when people who have never seen it come to the door. Next up is a shovel magpie or maybe a shovel fish. I would do both but I only have enough shovels for one. Trash day is in two more days so maybe I'll get lucky. 

22 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

or maybe a shovel fish

See now you have my mind racing. You should weld up a sawfish using an old saw blade for the rostrum :)

Guest Pete.  Message me and I can help you with what you have and any connections to Leisenring or Hidy it may hold.  You can message me here or through my site OldHatFlyTying.com

Carl

9 minutes ago, Old Hat said:

OldHatFlyTying.com

Really good work there oldhat

On 5/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, mvendon said:

Unless it's my computer, it appears like someone gave Pete a "lift" right off this forum.😉  Scroll your cursor over "guest Pete" and you get nothing..

I think I would have left as well, given the response he got.  If what he had is the real deal, there are people who pay good money for it.  In addition, the Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum is having trouble tracking down Leisenring memorabilia (collectors are unwilling to give it up.

It didn't look like he was going to get a serious answer to his question here.

For many, myself included, the history of the sport is one of the main appeals of fly fishing.

I guess you don't like the owl. Perhaps the magpie will be more to your liking. 

He asked for opinions and he got the  serious opinions of others. Perhaps some of these opinions differ from yours but because they differ does not make them any less serious than yours. You were free to offer your insight before he was gone but you didn't. You could have also had a piece of fly tying history in exchange for a little money but you didn't act on that either. Your knowledge of the items could have been invaluable to the OP, to a museum and to the history of the sport, yet you did nothing. If the history is so meaningful  to you I would think telling him where this interested museum is located would have helped protect and preserve the history you clamour for. Instead you felt it better to wait until he was gone and then chastise others for having a little fun with an otherwise dead thread in a discussion forum who's members are largely locked down from the rest of the world. 

I just saw this thread minutes before I responded. Had I seen it early, I certainly would have answered him.

And although there are threads in this forum in which I have personal interest, I don't respond to them stating my lack of interest.