Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable daily updates

That's a perfect picture of a guy who has to go home too soon !!!

Or are you the introspective fly angler, contemplating the wonders of the natural world and wondering why man has dest ... 

Naw, we'll go with "sad to be leaving so soon".

Somewhat sad to leave, but it's been  a good time and I enjoyed myself. Plus I'm sure Orangie misses me 🙃

Hopefully I can at least get one last fish tonight.

Good luck, my friend ... with the fish, and with cleaning up the mess Orangie has been making without you there to control him.

14 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

I told myself I was not gonna go fishing today till late this evening, guess I lied, I can't stay away fro the river 😊 Lost a smaller brown this afternoon but that was it. Gonna cool out in front of the AC at the room for the next few hours and then grab the dry fly rod and hit the evening rise.

1.jpg

To be honest you in that photo look just like my stepson when he's fishing with me in Maine and got skunked lol !!! You guys could be brothers Steve, honestly, especially with the glasses on. Put your sinking line or sink tip on with a big nymph and go deep, that's what I'd tell him. Ya I know by the time you read this you're probably on your way home anyway. Say hi to the cat for us all.

The last evening of the trip on the river was a very enjoyable one. Not big trout to hand but after 3 days of bright sun and no fish it was nice to finally get "any" trout. And I got a number of smaller rainbows rising to my dry fly. Even had my turtle buddy that I rescued the other day show up to say goodbye to me. Funny thing is it was the exact same turtle, guess he likes the spot I put him in. Time to head home. Been a great trip, but always nice to go home after a long trip. At least until the next trip

Mark I got a pic of my turtle buddy just for you!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Very cool, it is a nice turtle. Glad you had a chance to get out. I'm sure everyone will be happy to see you home again.

I have learned that after 50, a prescription of 500MG Ibuprofen is a MUST. I do not go on a hunting, fishing or kayaking trip without it. That big old pill has made more than a few trips more comfortable.

20 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

I have learned that after 50, a prescription of 500MG Ibuprofen is a MUST. I do not go on a hunting, fishing or kayaking trip without it. That big old pill has made more than a few trips more comfortable.

I actually pop it like Pez lol. While in fishing trips I take 600-800mg at a time every 4 hrs. Still doesn't seem to help all that much.

Well back home safely now. Woke up this morning in more pain than expected, not daily walking 3-5 miles like I was on the river made my muscles cramp up even more so now lol. It will pass. Had a great trip. Fishing was a bit tough with the bright sun daily but still caught some pretty nice fish and even more importantly, just plain had a great time.

Back to normal life now. Got a few rod orders while I was away, have some yard work to do, and had a number of goodies come while I was gone for my Rc trucks as well as some firearm accessories so got some stuff to play around with over the next week now.

2 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Well back home safely now. Woke up this morning in more pain than expected, not daily walking 3-5 miles like I was on the river made my muscles cramp up even more so now lol. It will pass. Had a great trip. Fishing was a bit tough with the bright sun daily but still caught some pretty nice fish and even more importantly, just plain had a great time.

Back to normal life now. Got a few rod orders while I was away, have some yard work to do, and had a number of goodies come while I was gone for my Rc trucks as well as some firearm accessories so got some stuff to play around with over the next week now.

Well hey Steve, successful trip !! And you didn't blow up any lower units on the trip this time, be that boat motor or you lol !!

My stepson is headed back from he and his wifes Maine trip towing their pop up camper, either right now as we speak or tomorrow. They had bright sun, low water flow and 90f days !! So it's going around !  Sept will be better, will you go back in the fall ? They intend to.

Good to read you made it back.  Also, since you aren't complaining about the tanks or garden, I'll assume everything did okay while you were away.

I'm officially off trial retirements. Company called me back, now I have to get up and go to work in the morning.  I'm going to start playing the lotto more often ... gotta win that so I can really retire!

Yeah all the fish are doing well and bonsai tress are all good. Nephew did a good job while I was gone. Sucks ya gotta go back to work. Hopefully you can think about retiring for real before too long if you want too.