Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer - Fly Swap #1 - Streamers - CLOSED AND ENDED

On 8/28/2020 at 2:28 AM, vicrider said:

I doubt you'll get the amount of people you need to divide the swap up but if you do and can handle it I'll go along with a very slight bend of rules. More likely you'll have to let a few regulars in to fill it out. I hope it works for you. We do not have a limit on amount in swaps by the rules but anything over 12 starts to get cumbersome for many. both tiers and SM. 

Nick

I know that from experience!  Ran a 'New School/Nu Skul Swap one time where swappers needed to tie 2 versions of the same pattern (either take an old classic and redesign with the newer materials available or tie a new pattern as if you were tying it in the 20's-30's).  Had 7 tiers and glad I didn't get more!

NOW FOR A COMMERCIAL MESSAGE:

Check out vicrider's new "Never find it on my rod Swap".  It too is open to beginners and involves flies that a PURIST fly fisherman would never be caught with on their fly rod!  Looks like fun.  Feel free to check it out.

I NOW RETURN YOU TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM

I got some very nice looking Pumpkinseed Fatal Attractions in the mail today.  Nice work BHouk!  And thank you so much for the extras- much appreciated!

A little premature, but I intend to join the nymph swap, fly will be a Caddisfly larva, exact pattern to follow.

I should have the Woolly Buggers to you by the end of this month, possibly sooner.

5 hours ago, haziz said:

A little premature, but I intend to join the nymph swap, fly will be a Caddisfly larva, exact pattern to follow.

I should have the Woolly Buggers to you by the end of this month, possibly sooner.

I look forward to seeing the Buggers and I'll have your name first on the NYMPH Swap when I post it's sign-up (in a little over a week from now or so).

7 hours ago, WWKimba said:

I look forward to seeing the Buggers and I'll have your name first on the NYMPH Swap when I post it's sign-up (in a little over a week from now or so).

And to be really...really premature, count me in for Partridge and Orange, for the wet fly swap. Question is should I go all Partridge and Orange, or go wild and give you Partridge and Orange, Partridge and Yellow and Partridge and Olive!? Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....

I'd better start cracking on those Woolly Buggers....

NOW you are challenging this old memory!  I'll try to keep you in mind for that swap as well - I'm just afraid my finger will turn blue from the string I'll tie around it! :) 

Feel like I'm falling behind with patterns already coming in.  I'll be in the Smokys next week, but promise I'll hop on the vise and start putting out rattle flies as soon as I'm back.  Looking forward to the nymph swap as well.  Not sure what I'll tie, but I plan on joining that too.

Chris

8 hours ago, Chris_in_Louisiana said:

Feel like I'm falling behind with patterns already coming in.  I'll be in the Smokys next week, but promise I'll hop on the vise and start putting out rattle flies as soon as I'm back.  Looking forward to the nymph swap as well.  Not sure what I'll tie, but I plan on joining that too.

Chris

After haziz you are first for the nymph swap - how's that?

Have you posted the other swaps?  Please sign me up as you post them.  I would like to participate.

2 hours ago, BHouk said:

Have you posted the other swaps?  Please sign me up as you post them.  I would like to participate.

Next swap in the series is for NYMPH patterns and will run from ~ November 1st (last sign-up date) to  ~December 12th (last date for the flies to be to me).  I'll be posting the sign-up in about another week.  Consider yourself on the list unless I hear otherwise.  Sound OK to you? 

2 hours ago, WWKimba said:

Next swap in the series is for NYMPH patterns and will run from ~ November 1st (last sign-up date) to  ~December 12th (last date for the flies to be to me).  I'll be posting the sign-up in about another week.  Consider yourself on the list unless I hear otherwise.  Sound OK to you? 

Good to go.  I'll list my pattern on the Nymph swap thread.  Thanks (Envelope in the mail 😇)