Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

AARRGGGHHHH, did it again.

I just finished a bunch of parachutes on 24 hooks for a swap of little guys on the forum. While my hands were steady (not all the time) and patience was strong and glasses were working I took a 26 hook, vised it up, used my 16/0 Veesus and tied in two split fibbet tails. I used ultra fine dubbing in Adams gray on thread just slightly thickening thread. Wrapped dubbing to just past mid of hook, trimmed some tips of grizzly until I had two perfect tiny little wings. I tied them in and they fell right in place. Took some size 28 died Coachmen Grizzly hackle, got two wraps behind wings, two wraps in front of wings, tied off and still had an open eye.

I have never had a fly that small I did wings on that fell in place for almost all the right proportions. I couldn't wait to get some Macro shots of that fly and set it on a magnet on my wooden bench. Tied a couple more tiny flies with no wings on 28 hooks, put them on the magnet and the 26 with the wings had flown away. I don't know how I knocked it off and no amount of dragging magnets on floor found it. I will clean bench tomorrow since I'm caught up with all my swaps right now and maybe I'll luck out. I given away hundreds of flies but to lose that one really hurt.

21 minutes ago, flytire said:

when all else fails, run your foot over the area. youll find it!

giphy-downsized.gif

😂

One of my family members always seem to "find" them in various parts of their anatomy!