Fly Tying
flytire

Connecticut had a 1.9 earthquake this morning....

Funny, Norm. 

Oddly, I woke up in the middle of last night and thought I heard things rattling in the house, don't remember what time it was though, but I'm about 40 miles NNE of there.  

watch for the tsunami warning on the banks of the thames river you might want to move to higher ground or at least stand on the one good chair

17 hours ago, cphubert said:

watch for the tsunami warning on the banks of the thames river you might want to move to higher ground or at least stand on the one good chair

there was a little wave action on the shetucket river near me

16 hours ago, denduke said:

Did you feel anything?

threw me out of bed

I have been through a couple of mild ones, and the first time it is the weirdest feeling. You loose your balance, as if you are dizzy, and then it all goes away just like that. You start wondering what is wrong with you, just to find out later on the news that it was not you, but everything else that was actually moving.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:39 AM, flytire said:

....oh my! severe damage 😄

N.J. earthquake: Residents heard 'explosion'-like sounds | We will rebuild, Lawn  chairs, California winter

I read that the Northeast area gets hit with a major earthquake on average every 300 years.  The last one was in off Cape Anne in 1755 at between 6.0 and 6.3.