Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

AK Salmon flys

Oh thereā€™ll prolly be some raised eyebrows, head shaking and sniggers at truck park/boat launches at my stuff. Ā Iā€™m used to that. Ā šŸ˜ Ā  Ā  Corn decoys what a hoot, but......

Ā 

57E9B640-8679-4771-AA60-4906AFE31C08.png

Ā 

Ā 

11 minutes ago, denduke said:

Ā Iā€™m used to that.

I don't worry about what 'they' have to say much myself. Up until a few years ago my usual wading boots were an old pair of Chuck Taylor high top sneakers.Ā Ā 

Looks like a good old companion there.Ā Ā 

Bday. today. Ā  Dede fixed me up with 72 candlesšŸ˜›. Ā Boots ainā€™t made it from Scottland yet...Cajun guy burnt the board. Ā  Kinda nifty....Amazing card...She only paid $13 for the photo satchell with the 16 clear ā€œfly boxesā€.

1E9FBCC7-3AEF-4B14-98D1-DD0C388E81E5.jpeg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nice wood-burn.Ā  You are blessed with a daughter and friends like that.Ā  Happy Birthday!

I would not recommend single hooks if you are going for kings. Also, never, and I mean NEVER use barbless hooks. It's hard enough to keep them on with barbed hooks.

happy birthday!

Ā 

On 4/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, TIER said:

Ā 

I would not recommend single hooks if you are going for kings

Ā 

I was told trebles are not allowed and only single hook flies and only single flies. Ā Might catch a King by mistake cuz season endsĀ July 13,14?? Ā We get there the 15th. Ā One guy said you could see, possibly Ā catch by mistake and release Kings but not target them. Ā Seems fishing regs up there are focused on protecting the salmon fishery. Ā 

I cut the trailer hook off and left the eye to hold the bead. Ā I can ā€œlarks headā€ hooks back on since my trailers are 4 part 50# braid loops after the trip so fly ainā€™t wasted...

8C5AE131-4467-4E03-8587-CA9DBB07F520.jpeg

Couple more mice. Ā  Heck if no go in AK always use them for OleBucketMouth down here in Dixie! Ā  I like to exaggerate some features....EYES.

C2D68548-E5E2-4513-940B-146AFF74EA94.jpeg

183AEF07-5CA9-4EA8-AED5-8728F98A6D83.jpeg