Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rockworm

You can't take it with you

Many of us  tyers tend to accumulate way more materials than we could ever use in a lifetime. And no one lives forever. So I was wondering what you old (and young) geezers hope happens to your fly tying stuff after you shuffle off your mortal coil. Have any of you made plans for the dispensation of those precious capes and irreplaceable Pearsall's gossamer? Consider this a practical not a morbid enquiry. 

my brother inherits all of my belongings and does not have the same interests that i have

i'll let him know it okay with me if he puts it all in trash bin or pack it all up and take it to the goodwill store

maybe i'll do it before i go

None of my close family and friends are into it, just me, and they've been kind enough to tolerate my shenanigans (in this and many other ways)... If I'm able before I go I'll sell mine to the highest bidder, and then buy nice, thoughtful gifts for them with the proceeds. If I go more suddenly, I'm sure the whole lot of it will be donated or maybe even burned. So it goes. My sweetheart says she'd like to make a hat for our cat out of a few of the feathers, but she has no clue what she'd do with the rest and is clearly not looking forward to dealing with "the hoard." She's been very patient and kind, so I'll try not to curse her with disposing of it.

Seriously, I have grandkids who would profit from all my outdoor stuff. Just dividing it up would be a chore.

If I go before Wife ... she has my full support to let an estate company come in and buy it all from her.  She's a better negotiator than I, so she'll get something for it.

If she goes first, it'll likely go to the curb and anyone who happens upon it can have it.  My appreciation for money is practically non-existent, so ...