Fly Tying
Charlie1947

I need your help!

I can't find any supplier that carries a LARGE round rubber leg. I want the stiff type for my poppers and other surface flies!

A lot of sites show flies with this type of rubber legs on various flies and I know they are out there, I just can't find any!

I appreciate your time! Thanks!

If you can't find them at a fly shop, you could try cutting open a bungee cord like the one below. It might be hit or miss as far as colors and size. I think the one I opened up had about three sizes and a couple of colors of rubber strands. 

spacer.png

The biggest round rubber legs I’ve found from fly shops, medium, will work if you don’t seperate them. 

Just now, skeet3t said:

Do they have to be round? Rubber bands will work.

Skeet, No they don't the pictures I had seen are round, I'm not that picky and I don't think the fish will care! Thanks for your suggestion!

I have rubber bands that are over 12 years old. They will probably outlast a fly chewed up by fish. I have used them for many applications. I don't tie with legs as fish have a habit of grabbing thhe legs instead of the fly.

8 hours ago, mikemac1 said:

If “round” is not imperative, Drew Chicone’s Fettuccini Foam makes a pretty good large leg on big flies.  I’ve found it to be very durable and easy to work with. 

BA3D06D0-C92C-49DF-82C8-D5E19EEEF410.jpeg.95f3ff1cba015bf012866d79b9c53205.jpeg

Thanks Mikemac1, that is EXACTLY what I want! Thanks so much! I really appreciate you!

Find a store that uses Wapsi as the supplier and have them order you the bulk supply of Large round rubber legs. 

Very few color options available in the large. 

But it's likely what you are looking for. 

Respectfully,

Wade

On 6/7/2021 at 7:36 PM, WadeMade1 said:

Find a store that uses Wapsi as the supplier and have them order you the bulk supply of Large round rubber legs. 

Very few color options available in the large. 

But it's likely what you are looking for. 

Respectfully,

Wade

Thanks so much WadeMade! I sure appreciate your help!