Fly Tying
SalarMan

Got A Few $$$To Spare

We are all familiar with the auction site ebay where you can find all sorts of fly fishing stuff from rods & reels to materials, etc.

Well I'm certain many of you have heard of the legendary LAW fly tying vise. A highly desirable collectable, or so we've been led to believe. Well there is a LAW for sale right. It is in new condition with ALL of the goodies Lawrence Waldron offered when he was making the vise...and I mean ALL of those goodies as well as the carrying case.

Ready for this? It can be yours for only $9975.00. Don't waste any time it could go fast. Now if I hit the lottery tonight...hmmm

Betcha it is a good hook holder too 

Well, don't want to take this political but with the rampant inflation going on with everything we use or want is it any wonder if a dealer wants 20,000 for a 12,000 dollar car the Law Vise which was selling for $2-3K just a few years ago would now be $10K? Wife needed something for her fruit cake that was $4 something last year and $13 this year and fair is fair. Just read about how feathers and tools are going and you'll see that Law Vise might be a good investment.

What am I, NUTS?

I buy a good bit of gear on ebay (when I'm not going direct to one manufacturer or other...) and I regularly see items posted for a lot more than they sell for locally (understatement).  Sometimes it's a case of the seller simply ignorant of the value - but I wouldn't discount good old fashioned greed..

Over the years, as long as i stick to stuff I'm very familiar with Iv'e done well.  Every now and then though I've ended up with something that I didn't want - but that's the game... 

10 hours ago, SalarMan said:

We are all familiar with the auction site ebay where you can find all sorts of fly fishing stuff from rods & reels to materials, etc.

Well I'm certain many of you have heard of the legendary LAW fly tying vise. A highly desirable collectable, or so we've been led to believe. Well there is a LAW for sale right. It is in new condition with ALL of the goodies Lawrence Waldron offered when he was making the vise...and I mean ALL of those goodies as well as the carrying case.

Ready for this? It can be yours for only $9975.00. Don't waste any time it could go fast. Now if I hit the lottery tonight...hmmm

Betcha it is a good hook holder too 

George thanks for posting that.  As much as I hate to miss the opportunity It would be easier to explain a $10,000 night with Las Vegas hookers to my wife.   So when I add in the cost of the ensuing divorce I just can't swing it.

Vicrider mention $2-3K a few years ago. Well that was for just a vise and base. But do all the gadgets and geegaws add up to another $7K. I don't think so.

I didn't hit the lottery last night so my flies will have to be what they are without that $10,000.00 improvement😂

Capt LeMay probably nailed it...good old fashioned greed. The vise is located in Tampa...maybe you can get a looksee😎

Dean - You face the same problem I do. I don't have that kind of discretionary cash...and Linda definitely WOULD NOT understand😁

You are so right flytire!!!

Crazy...maybe Mark. Definitely greedy.

Well one thing that is always true...people will collect anything. So don't be too surprised if it actually sells.

About 10 years ago my wife and I spent a week on vacation in Southern California.  If you've never been it's truly the land of Make Believe- which is the best reason I can offer to NEVER EVER take political advice from celebrities.  Anyway one day we drove over to Rodeo Dr.  Our rental car was a brand new Chevy Malibu with less than 1,000 miles and it might as well been back firing YUGO when we pulled up and parked next to the Bugattis, Lambos and Bentlys.   There's something disturbing to me about 18 year old kids that don't have jobs driving $200,000 cars.  For a working class guy from a small town the window shopping was astonishing.  I remember seeing $8,000 neck ties, $30,000 hand bags, $6,000 heels, a $14,000 men's light jacket, a box of chocolates  at the low end for $679 and you could buy a really nice home just about anywhere in the U.S. for list price on the display jewelry.    

The buyer for that vise is out there.  God bless them at least the LAW will never wear out and there are far less permanent things in the world someone is wasting ten grand on.

1 hour ago, DFoster said:

About 10 years ago my wife and I spent a week on vacation in Southern California.  If you've never been it's truly the land of Make Believe- which is the best reason I can offer to NEVER EVER take political advice from celebrities.  Anyway one day we drove over to Rodeo Dr.  Our rental car was a brand new Chevy Malibu with less than 1,000 miles and it might as well been back firing YUGO when we pulled up and parked next to the Bugattis, Lambos and Bentlys.   There's something disturbing to me about 18 year old kids that don't have jobs driving $200,000 cars.  For a working class guy from a small town the window shopping was astonishing.  I remember seeing $8,000 neck ties, $30,000 hand bags, $6,000 heels, a $14,000 men's light jacket, a box of chocolates  at the low end for $679 and you could buy a really nice home just about anywhere in the U.S. for list price on the display jewelry.    

The buyer for that vise is out there.  God bless them at least the LAW will never wear out and there are far less permanent things in the world someone is wasting ten grand on.

I know where you are coming from. One winter in Florida we made the same sort of excursion onto Worth Avenue in West Palm Beach. After driving past HUGE ocean and intercoastal waterway front properties for some 20 miles on route A1A nothing could surprise me...but Worth Avenue did. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls, Bentley and Aston Martin among others gives one pause as to just how much money is out there. Just amazing. Oh...did I mention the stores. Again...just friggin amazing!!!

I hope whoever buys the vise puts it to good use and enjoys every moment.