Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Poopdeck

Lawn art

So I have been quarantining for the last week after coming down with Covid. Today is my last day and I can’t wait to go to the Wawa and get a cup of coffee. As for Covid it was no big deal just weak flu like symptoms. Probably because I got the shot and the booster and a weakening of the virus.

With it being such a great end of winter day and being home bound, I broke out the welder and made an addition to my flower bed. It’s the New Jersey state bird, a horseshoe crab! Trying to decide if I want to paint it or let it rust. Wheezy wants it painted so that’s a pretty good indication of what I’ll do. 

71AFC14E-4E53-4CB7-A920-134D3FBF62FA.jpeg

Horseshoe crab.  That's pretty funny.  I spent a good 5 seconds thinking, :That looks nothing like a  horseshoe crab."  Then it dawned on me.  

Okay, so I'm not the sharpest tool.

😄

Great job Greg, with both the idea and build. What color is a horse crab with pinchers? can't wait to see 

Thank you but I can’t take any creative credit. Creativity is not in my wheelhouse so I search the internet to steal the ideas of creative people the world over. Not sure on the colors yet but I’m thinking some brown some green maybe a little blue a black for the beady eyes I added today.

E147D90A-99AC-4972-834C-C2AB12B95E0F.jpeg

Not really lawn art but close enough. I have 2 horseshoe left from my crab project so I’m going to make some gifts for a horse owning friend.

72927EE1-8417-4E99-985A-03A798DE8D3F.jpeg

Horseshoe crab painted and ready to hit the flower beds, as soon as it stops raining. Wheezy said she wants a whole family of crabs. She hated the shovel owl so I’m surprised she wants 4 more horseshoe crabs. I’ll make another big one and 2 smaller ones for her as soon as the weather warms again. 

E3D8804A-C9F9-4328-BDB9-702D89E062A6.jpeg

15 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Horseshoe crab painted and ready to hit the flower beds, as soon as it stops raining. Wheezy said she wants a whole family of crabs. She hated the shovel owl so I’m surprised she wants 4 more horseshoe crabs. I’ll make another big one and 2 smaller ones for her as soon as the weather warms again. 

E3D8804A-C9F9-4328-BDB9-702D89E062A6.jpeg

I have to say I preferred the crab in his original, un-painted colors but that's just a "to-each-his-own" thing. You know, you used up two perfectly good fly tying vises for the claws on that crab.

I'll be watching the garage sales for needle nosed pliers for you. You're going to need a bunch of them.

8 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

I have to say I preferred the crab in his original, un-painted colors but that's just a "to-each-his-own" thing. You know, you used up two perfectly good fly tying vises for the claws on that crab.

I'll be watching the garage sales for needle nosed pliers for you. You're going to need a bunch of them.

I’m right there with ya but wheezy out voted us 2 (us) to 1 (her). I don’t know how she does it.  The pliers are HF mini pliers that costs 2 or 3 bucks.  Cut off one handle and weld them open.

7 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

I actually like him painted up with the blue claws 😁

2 hours ago, mikechell said:

Nice ... with the paint on.

it’s growing on me. Wheezy let’s me throw my junk in the flower beds so if a little spray paint makes her happy than everybody is happy.