Fly Tying
lukemccoy

Fly tying software?

I've tried several, and always ended up coming back to SuperFly. does what i need, and works on everything from Windows 95 on up...My database is getting quite large, and i save it about once a month to a CD, so I don't have to reenter everything if the computer crashes.

Mark Delaney

I was thinking about building something like the but in a web version where everything is online. I'm just wondering if anyone else would be interested in using something like this if I took the time to build it.

If you build it, someone will use it.

All kidding aside. I would probably use something that I could put in my PDA (PC, not Palm). It would be nice to have something with you when you went to a fly shop or show.

I was out of town and stopped at a family owned sprots shop only to find out they were closing their fly fishing shop. Everything was 20-40% off. I spent too much, especially buying materieals I already had (I'm now good until I'm 90 years old).

Keeping inventory and prices with me would be a great help

Conehead

Has anything ever come of this? I've been searching for such an app.

Cheers!

Bob Hendry

I've tried several, and always ended up coming back to SuperFly. does what i need, and works on everything from Windows 95 on up...My database is getting quite large, and i save it about once a month to a CD, so I don't have to reenter everything if the computer crashes.

Mark Delaney

I could write one in access if anyone is interested. It would support scanning barcodes on the packages as well. I was thinking it would support importing new materials/purchases and you could track where you got it and what you paid for it etc... You could also enter when you use materials so you would also know when to re-order etc... Exporting inventory into excel would be supported as well. Been thinking about this for awhile just haven't had time to do it but I guess I'll start. Take a couple weeks to get everything built and then another couple weeks to tune it and test it. I would try to have a comprehensive list of materials already built in with their respective Upc codes but of course, entering your own would be supported but I would make selecting colors etc... as automated as possible but of course there are always those custom colors that you would have to enter yourself. Anyways, I'll keep everyone updated.

I just downloaded FlySource the other day, and if you do some searching, you can find fly pattern files to add in. It looks quite similar to SuperFly already mentioned.

I could write one in access if anyone is interested. It would support scanning barcodes on the packages as well. I was thinking it would support importing new materials/purchases and you could track where you got it and what you paid for it etc... You could also enter when you use materials so you would also know when to re-order etc... Exporting inventory into excel would be supported as well. Been thinking about this for awhile just haven't had time to do it but I guess I'll start. Take a couple weeks to get everything built and then another couple weeks to tune it and test it. I would try to have a comprehensive list of materials already built in with their respective Upc codes but of course, entering your own would be supported but I would make selecting colors etc... as automated as possible but of course there are always those custom colors that you would have to enter yourself. Anyways, I'll keep everyone updated.

Did you ever get this off the ground?

I was toying with the idea of building one as well. problem is that when I get home I dont' want to build anymore databases (I do it all day at work) I would rather tie some fly's and relax.