Fly Tying
cencalfly

Dry Fly Swap - Return In Mail

1 hour ago, Trouttramp said:

PO says delivered. 
Did you get them?

Sure did.  Picked them up from my mailbox yesterday evening.  Haven't opened the package yet. I've been down and out.

7 hours ago, cencalfly said:

I've been down and out.

What are we doing? Passing the virus around with our swap flies? Too much of that  "down and out" stuff going around.

Been down and out myself.  The flies have been done for a week, but I just out to mail them today.  

Tracking number: 9500 1103 4822 3098 5149 40

Olive's should be in the mail this week having a hard time focusing- need new glasses or a profile plate they are 16's I usually tie 18's but struggling to see lately.

hook- Mustad 94840, thread- olive, tail- Coq-De-Leon hackle fibers, body- olive turkey, wing- dun medallion sheeting, hackle- med dun

olive.jpg

On 4/5/2023 at 11:48 PM, vicrider said:

What are we doing? Passing the virus around with our swap flies? Too much of that  "down and out" stuff going around.

Not the covid just my new reality. Some days or string of days are better than others.  Thanks for all the well-wishes.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:14 PM, cphubert said:

Olive's should be in the mail this week having a hard time focusing- need new glasses or a profile plate they are 16's I usually tie 18's but struggling to see lately.

hook- Mustad 94840, thread- olive, tail- Coq-De-Leon hackle fibers, body- olive turkey, wing- dun medallion sheeting, hackle- med dun

That looks real good. 

Must note: All these swaps I've been have produced a really good batch of flies for upcoming seasons.  May need to do a Fall season swap.  Once our creeks and rivers get fishable (and I can get around) they'll get a tryout. Also have some still water flies to tryout.   If we (we = my wife and son) have success I'll post pics.

Thanks for joining and all the participants in the various swaps.

Darrell, don't scare me that way. You posted the same thing here you did on my swap and these aren't due until the 1st. Scared me because I just got mine packaged and labeled to send tomorrow and thought I had plenty of time. I did the H&L Variant plus an extra to go along behind the H&L. Stuck it on the foam for the H&L and hope they stay together. If not James can just throw them in loose and you'll know they're mine.

As for the finger, I told you to get big fish on the reel right away and don't line getting wrapped on a finger when they make a big run.

16 hours ago, vicrider said:

Darrell, don't scare me that way. You posted the same thing here you did on my swap and these aren't due until the 1st. Scared me because I just got mine packaged and labeled to send tomorrow and thought I had plenty of time. I did the H&L Variant plus an extra to go along behind the H&L. Stuck it on the foam for the H&L and hope they stay together. If not James can just throw them in loose and you'll know they're mine.

As for the finger, I told you to get big fish on the reel right away and don't line getting wrapped on a finger when they make a big run.

Saw both of Darrell's posts.  Chalked it up to cut and past.

On 4/8/2023 at 8:12 AM, redietz said:

Been down and out myself.  The flies have been done for a week, but I just out to mail them today.  

Tracking number: 9500 1103 4822 3098 5149 40

Your flies have made it to central cal.  Another nice set of fish getters