flytire

Solarez Bonedry uv resin

Brand new bottle just opened this morning

Notice the crystallization in the bottle and the brush

microwaved it for 10 seconds and no change

and yes, i sent solarez an email to let them know with the photos

bone dry crystallized brush.JPG

bone dry crystallized.JPG

i just opened the bubble package the other day so i would have absolutely no idea how old it is and how long it was on the fly shops peg board

Solarez email response

Hello Sir,

On the package and on the bottle it clearly states that “LIKE HONEY, THIS PRODUCT CRYSTALIZES IF EXPOSED TO TEMPERATURES UNDER 45°F. THE REMEDY, LIKE HONEY, PLACE THE BOTTLE IN A MICROWAVE OVEN FOR 10 SECONDS. DEPENDING ON WATTAGE, IT MIGHT TAKE MORE THAN ONE SESSION”

After that, the resin returns to its liquid state and this conversion can be performed many times without affecting the performance of the product.

This resin is unique in that it is the lowest viscosity resin available. There is nothing else that penetrates fibers, leaves a BONE DRY, thin, shellac-like coating that is glossy & strong, all in a couple of seconds. We do have other resins such as our THIN HARD formula that is still quite low viscosity but does not crystalize at low temperatures

This has been a cold Winter thus far. It might be advisable to store your Bone Dry resin atop your home water heater or behind the ‘fridge or other warm places in the house

Our BONE DRY PLUS resin crystalizes a little less 

I’m sorry for the trouble.

i love this statement

THIS PRODUCT CRYSTALIZES IF EXPOSED TO TEMPERATURES UNDER 45°F.

i tie in a bedroom inside my house where the thermostat is set to 73 degrees F. i do not tie inside an igloo

Interesting...I never realized this stuff was temperature sensitive. I will be sure to store it properly...that's for sure.

27 minutes ago, flytire said:

i guess he shouldnt use solarez resins

You're right - I'd use honey!  Don't you love it when old farts like use learn something new!

Kim

It's true about having to zap it multiple times, as I have had to do so. 

CAUTION: when zapping, remove the brush and allow the resin to cool a bit before replacing. The brush "ferrule" will melt and blow out the bristles which will render the brush useless.