Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Woven fly swap

flfishingwright I already sent Smalliea photo step by step for hatches!! Im sure he will use it in the next few months!! But thanks and tight lines!!! matt

Flyweaver,

If you get the time, a step by step for the hatches mag on that damsel would be very cool too. That way every month we could have a woven pattern in Hatches. I think I've got a woven green caddis puppa going to be in the April issue. Brents stone has been done, Day 5's hex will be done, I did the craw, We just need a few more.

Flyfishingwright- I think I'm going to try your pattern on a 37160 mustad. Have you fished that pattern? and does the emerging part stay on top of the water? Very cool idea.

Duckydoty

Duckydoty,

I have not fished that pattern yet. I actually got it from one of the local guides. He tied it with a yellow biot body colored with brown markers. I figured I could get a similar effect with the woven body. The rear part should break the surface film. Be careful to only grease the hackle and wing. I can't wait to try it out myself. Unfortunatly I have to wait for the hex hatch.

Steve

Email the pattern to smalliehunter or steeldrifter, PM them for there email address.

-Sam

Flies came today, I'am really impressed, They will be a displayed, not fished. Nice job everyone . If there is another woven fly swap I'am reserving my spot now! Thanks Brent, for hosting.

Flyweaver

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

You guys are truly awesome!!! I got home from a family trip last night and practically tore the envelope apart. I even took them to work today and showed them off. It was killing me not to have the computer up so I could thank everyone for such great flies. Thanks to everyone and special thanks to Brent for hosting. Ducky your generous dose of crawdads was awesome. Each fly I pulled out of the box gave me ideas and I can't wait to try the patterns on the vise and the flies on the water. This was also my first totally completed swap and I am totally "hooked". My wife had that "oh no" look on her face when I opened the box. She forbid me to take my vise out until tonight. Oh well, we must all seek to achieve balance. To heck with balance when I get home the kitchen table is mine.

Thanks again!!!

Spanky

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Moderation is the key :D My wife saw the crawdad swap going on right now and told me--"You better not!"

I've been tempted 3-4 times :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I've already tied 39 of them craws for swaps this winter----Should I do 12 more :dunno: Should I fille the box :dunno: I LIKE SWAPS! :headbang: :headbang: ------I like to fish too :crying: :crying: :crying:

I dont know what to doo :crying: :crying:

Duckydoty

If it helps Im in it !!!! OK so that dosent matter I know but Id love to have more of you craws!!!!

Nope! I just got the short chain jerked again. No more swaps till next winter. If Mamma aint happy--then no one is happy around this house :blink: :dunno:

Duckydoty