Fly Tying

FTOTY Contest - VOTE NOW!!!!!

Hi Will,

First I would like to say well done for all your hard work and for putting together a fly tying competition that many would be envious of, and to all the flies the members have tyed to make this a competition to remember.

Long may it continue :headbang:

All the best Davie

Well, I voted, man some of those flies were unbelievable.

I don't know about some of those rookies. (was it 1 year or 100 years of experience)

When I started tying (30+ years ago) there were only a handful of books about tying. Now with all the experts and the world wide web, new tyiers have more input, skills, support and ideas than any other time in the history of fly tying. These new tyers are doing a great job.

Great job everyone, You all deserve a rod, but I don't think Chris is up to it.

Thanks Will for your work.

Conehead

I voted for the flys in the contest. They were all really good. In one category there were 2 I really liked and it was really hard to choose. The category I liked the most was the full dressed salmon flys. My dad is learning to tie flys like that right now and he is gonna teach me when he learns.

very well done all, and i agree, hard to pick just one....(i dont think theres a beginner to be seen).

and bluegill girl, when hes done teaching you, id like a few lessons :)

Wow, that was pretty awesome. You guys did a great job on the tying. The rookie flies were unreal. Very nice flies, all of them. :headbang:

Ashby

I gotta say, I had an easier time voting in our last mayoral race! Awesome flies everybody, and great job Will with the photography, thank you for all your hard work and dedication! :headbang:

I got done and the wife helped. A bunch of great tiers and great flies. Harfd to judge.

congrats to all.

Irish

Awesome flies. Tough job deciding. Amazing work by all. Thanks for sharing, this is so much fun!!

Thanks Smallie for great pics so quickly!

Spanky :headbang:

It took me a couple of sittings to do them all buy I made it! Fantasic job everyone and THANKS for running this and all the hard work that goes with it Will!!!

The flies are just plain great!

Finally I have been able to watch the beauties and vote for my favourites! It will be a pleasure to see the results of the voting as well :)

Hurry up and vote folks :D "Cant wait ;) "

Thanks for setting this up! However, there should be a banner or something on the page that links to the voting, it is hard to find!

I think the biggest tease is that you can't go back and see them after you've voted. I'm hoping that it;s just pat of Will's plot to drive us crazy with suspense till the voting is closed