Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SwampHunter

Prayer Request

I have been having back trouble for several years. When it first started I had troubles with bone fragments and a blown disc. Paralyzation was a very real factor. Four surgeries later and 5 years down the road I face another surgery for the same area.

Went to the surgeon today for an appointment. I will be having a Lumbar Fusion and Decompression. The decompression will take the pressure off of the siatic nerve. The lumber fusion will then stop the movement of the vertabrae. They will take bone from my leg and graft it to my spine using pins. I will be very limited to what I can do for up to 6 months. I will have to wear a back brace when I am not in the bed or in the shower. I will be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days following the surgery. The surgeon said I would never have another problem with that level vertabrae. There is alot of things that could go wrong, but it is not very common.

I am schedualed for surgery the 2nd of Febuary. I suspect that I will be tying alot of flies during the time I will be down for.

Please say a few prayers if you don't mind.

Thanks and Take Care,

Ronnie Ladd aka SwampHunter

You will be in my thought and prayers buddy! I'm sure you will be back and ready to go in no time!

Sam

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Everything will turn out just fine and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Ashby

I know the back problems all too well. Depending on which doctor I see and which MRI they read, I have from 1 to 5 discs in my back and neck that are bad. But since my docs are all at the VA I guess I should feel lucky they agree that there is something wrong. My thoughts will be with you.

Mike

Ronnie,

I will be praying that all goes well. Keep us posted your recovery. Hopefully this will be the end of your pain. take care.

Conehead