Fly Tying
Redwings1

Hexegenia Limbata Dry Fly Swap

OK guys...you wanted it so here are some pics. The first two are of the pattern that I will probably do for the swap. They are on a TMC200R size 6 hopper hook and obviously hang off the back...meaty suckers. The next two are a couple other patterns I fish, one dun for night and one spinner. No little tippet is handling they guys for more than a cast :headbang:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Couple of dumb rookie questions...

1. Are all 12 flies to be of the same pattern or is each tyer to do 6 each of two patterns?

2. I am inexperienced in size range of hex patterns but gather they are a large mayfly. What sizes have you guys had the best luck with?

first pattern choice for me will be a B-52 and I'll find another if we are tying two patterns.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

No dumb questions.

I envisioned the swap to be each of us getting two of each other persons pattern, so you would do twelve of the same. But I suppose if you wanted you could to six of two different patterns. My Hexes are 1.5-2"

:headbang:

Cool beans. 12 B-52s being scheduled on the production line. Tech manuals and blueprints being pulled from the library. Looking forward to this.

spanky

:coffee:

This is a bit different..............

phoe just finished six. Half way there. Maybe changing to another pattern or size.

Luckely we have till april.

Sent out mine later this day.

I tied an extra for everyone to compensate the lenght of my flies. So there should be three for every tyer in this swap.

Thanx for hosting.

It'll take about two weeks you get them :devil:

It's a long way cross the ocean.

Herman

DONE addy por favor

Alright!!! The ball is rolling on this one. I got the flies from Herman today...very cool Hex Emerger Dry!

1. Redwings1

2. Spanky

3. Herman received

4. fishinlk

5. Whippersnapper

6. mlongmire

7. zip

Dude I cam up with a woven foam body hex spent spinner a couple weeks ago that would be perfect for this one, maybe next time :ripped:

OK, here's th update... 3 sets done with four to go

These need to be in the mail next week to ensure they make it on time....:rolleyes:

1. Redwings1 received

2. Spanky

3. Herman received

4. fishinlk

5. Whippersnapper received

6. mlongmire

7. zip

I am looking forward to geting these battleships ou during the hatch :headbang:

:huh: :huh: :huh:

OK guys, here's what I'm sending. One squadron of B-52's ready for test flights. I hope everyone likes them or will at least tolerate the swap crazy rookie.

Spanky

post-3648-1145506194_thumb.jpg

post-3648-1145506643_thumb.jpg

Nice flies! I can't wait to get the results from this one! :) I need to wrap mine up this weekend, halfway done. I've got 6 of what I call my "Razor Hex" done and ready to go. They're a dun pattern that is sparsely hackled with razor foam for added bouyancy. I need to get my spinners ready yet. :rolleyes: