Fly Tying
fry

nymph swap..

Spanky,

I just took a look at the hex swap photos... very nice swap and I particularly liked yours. Personal recipe or is there a place on the net I can get directions?

Everyone,

Input on the best methods to ship these flies would be appreciated. Looking at cost and no damage. I spent way too much the last time I shipped for a swap.

Greifs

:( A bit of bad news guys. Herman had to drop out for family health reasons. If it is ok with everyone I'd like you to still tie a full set and I'll send one to Herman. I'll even tie two patterns for everyone in the swap. You don't have to but I think it would be a nice gesture.

greifs,

which hex swap, the nymph or the dry? As far as packaging it seems hard to beat an Altoid type tin and 6X9 clasp envelopes. Usually only require 2, max 3 stamps in the USA. I go to my local post office and have them check weight and then put the same amount of stamps on inside(return) envelope, add a little packing tape and I'm usually out for less than $2.

I'll open Herman's spot up if anyone else would like to join.

Spanky,

Sure, ship a set to herman. Though I don't think my flies are good for anyone's health. I don't know why but when people see my flies, they end up at the dr.'s office with um, technical word is either sidus splitus, bustedus gutus or milkus out sinus. Remind me to toss in a couple stamps. I hope to make it to the PO Thursday.

Herman... I hope everything turns out ok for you and we see you back here soon.

Greifs.

not a problem I already shipped mine out so just send the extra set to him no big deal, we all fall on hard times and it might be a nice little pick me up for him

Fatman

Dropped the flies in the mail today at the PO. Let's see how long it takes to get them down South!

Can't wait to see everyone's flies! :yahoo:

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

guess I'd better get busy. Sent out lots of addresses and I want mine done when all those flies get here so you guys can have them back ASAP. Great work guys.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Fatman's beaver nymphs are the first in. I'll post pics later. 5 days travel time.

Slacker's flashback pheasant tails arrived today. Sweet ties. I'll post pics soon if I can keep them and the beaver nymphs from crawling out on the table.

Spanky

Less than a week to get there. Nice! :scooter:

My faith in the postal service is slowly being restored!

Can't wait to see all the flies. Thanks for the update Spanky! :thumbsup:

Tim