Fly Tying
ted patlen

never leave home without it...

going to yellowstone soon and don't want to forget anything...so , what are those "things" i definately should take with me while fishing the part of the states

help

ted

I thought this was the special Herb

IPB Image

:D

Seriously- besides all the "normal" stuff. I would say Batteries (for dig cam, headlamp, flashlights, etc) cloths for extreme temps ethiet way (hot or cold) Coffee(never know if the lidge/motel will have enough at 6am) Maps of the area, GPS or compass.

Special herb.......Must be hittin up Emeril for some BAM :headbang: :hyst:

Duct tape and a swiss army knife, ya know what they say if ya can't duct it, well you know the rest :D

Focus on the larger stuff that'll be pricey to replace if you forget it, and you don't likely need another of anyway... rods, lines, vest, rain gear, wading staff, net (if you use one).

If you forget a type of fly or some tippet or whatever, that's stuff you can buy there for a few bucks and take home with you no problem.

So that's what I'd do... make a primary and secondary list. Primary with things that are larger and cost more.

thanks to all, very helpful...plenty of, uhm...herbs but some other interesting thoughts...never can have enough coffee,

i will amend my lists. anything i miss?