Fly Tying
Funnel30

Where Do You Buy Supplies?

Most of my stuff I buy from Sportsman's Warehouse. I also shop eBay quite a bit. I mainly look for lots of materials on eBay though vs. a single item. You can get really good deals there and a lot of stuff to boot.

I noticed that J Stockard is offering a very nice discount for first time buyers through a source code they listed in the latest issue of Fly Tyer magazine....

HT

I use to go to the local fly shop for the past 10 years(FlyMart). They closed their doors up a few months back though because of some lease problems so I started usings J.Stockard. I was really worried after the local shop closed about where I would go but Stockard really has saved the day for me. I've placed about 8 orders from them in the last 2 months and they always get my stuff to me within about 3 days and the prices are about the best I have found. Plus James&Kate are super friendly and quick to reply when you email them.

just to add to this with suppliers does anybody know of any online shops that accept paypal , theres a misson for you

best regards

dave mcfluffchucker

(a cave in scotland)

just to add to this with suppliers does anybody know of any online shops that accept paypal , theres a misson for you

best regards

dave mcfluffchucker

(a cave in scotland)

You don't have to find one that accepts paypal. Paypal has the virtual mastercard so you can purchase just as if you were using the MC.

Greetings Dave...many of the online suppliers also maintain a store on EBay...you could use your paypal account on most if not all of their transactions. An example of this is our own ashbourn that maintains a shop on Ebay called dettetroutflies. I haven't bought anything yet but he seems to be getting a fair supply of the new flock of whiting hebert necks which is absolutely appropriate since he is based out of Roscoe, NY home to all those historical legends Dettes, Darbees and so on.

All the best,

Hot Tuna

Greetings Dave...many of the online suppliers also maintain a store on EBay...you could use your paypal account on most if not all of their transactions. An example of this is our own ashbourn that maintains a shop on Ebay called dettetroutflies. I haven't bought anything yet but he seems to be getting a fair supply of the new flock of whiting hebert necks which is absolutely appropriate since he is based out of Roscoe, NY home to all those historical legends Dettes, Darbees and so on.

All the best,

Hot Tuna

many thanks hot tuna ill check it out and i didnt realise that about paypal ill have to check it out

many thanks

mcfluffchucker

Howdy Dave,

I get the bulk of my materials from Champion Outfitters (local flyshop). He's got the best prices on Whiting Hackle and the Tiemco hooks are$10.50 per hundred. You can't beat that with a stick. Through the years I've gotten flylines, a reel, a bunch of hackle, and many, many hooks. I hope it's ok to post this ... they do have a web page. Hope this helps.

I get a lot of stuff from the local shops. Usualy if I am having trouble finding something specific I can find it at Gander Mountain. Browsing the craft shops you can sometimes find useful things.

Being a couple hours away from the nearest real fly shop, I get most of my stuff online. I like J Stockard, Hook and Hackle, and this time of year I like Cabelas. Cabelas has one of the better Wish List's. It makes it easier for my family to buy me stuff that they know I will like for Christmas.