Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DaUP

Renzitti Traveler

A new Renzetti Traveler runs about $155. It all depends on the shape of the vise you are looking at as to whether it is a good purchase or not. I am a big fan of Renzetti and would recommend their vises to anyone. Good luck.

If it's from Feather-Craft... odds are you'll be getting a decent vise. Definitely not as nice as brand new but you should still be satisfied. Feather-Craft has always done me right.

Mike

I really enjoy my Renzetti and I have seen the travler around$160 so $100 sounds great too me. My only question was about the little rubber band on it.

Pickin

I still don't know what the O ring does, but my traveler is one heck of a vise! last light I went from size 22 midges, to 3/0 bass bugs in a few minutes. It really is a great vise, and a good price.

Hard to go wrong for $100. And like maddog said, FeatherCraft is a reputable place - I expect the vise is in fine shape.

-Bamboo

thanks guys now comes the hard part... convincing the parents that i should spend a $100 dollars on something

You think 100$ is bad? Try 800$ on getting a new bike. I ride bmx pretty heavily and am getting a new Eastern ace of spades pro 2007. Great bike, terrible price!

Thanks for the reality check on the 100 bucks. I was just getting to the point where I was comfortable with dropping a grand on a new suspension for my truck.

its not like i havent spent alot of money on stuff before like my $1300 computer i bought this summer but the hard part is convincing my parents that i need a new vice

by the way about the bmx i feel the hurt i snowboadr which can get rather expensive when your board is $400, boots $200, bindings $250, snowpants $75, jacket $200 it just never seems to end

besides if the jaws are beat up you can get new jaws in the $20-30 range to me that should be the only part of a vise that gets beat up much. and if you have to get new jaws $130 is still less than i got mine. i didnt even have to convince the parents of getting it they just did since i helped with the landscape for like 3 weeks straight.