Fly Tying

Announcing Fly Tying Magazine

Announcing Fly Tying Magazine

Visit our website at: flytyingmag.com

Al & Gretchen Beatty, Nick Pujic and I are very excited to announce the publication in 2007 of a new magazine named Fly Tying Magazine. As the name indicates the magazine will be dedicated to both fishable and artistic fly patterns and tying techniques. As we enter into an ever-increasing group of angling publications we dedicate our efforts to bringing our readers something special. In an effort to focus on quality we will publish only one issue per year. This will allow us to devote an entire year to each issue and give us the opportunity to ensure that every page is of the highest quality.

Currently our goal is to have the magazine on display at the Fly Fishing Retailer Show this September. Many things must fall into place for this to happen, but that is our current strategy. One thing we are absolutely clear about is that this publication will not be rushed. We want our premiere issue and every successive issue to be as perfect as we can make it, and we will take whatever time and exhaust whatever resources necessary to make that happen. We feel that by concentrating all of our attention on a single issue annually, we can publish something unique that will rival an entire year's worth of information from our competitors.

Writing For Fly Tying Magazine

Because Fly Tying Magazine will only be published once per year and we have set such high quality standards (at our end) we must be extremely selective regarding the articles we set to print. Our goal is to have at least something in every issue that every person can enjoy, from the beginner to those who have been tying flies for as long as they can remember.

Construction of the magazine will require a delicate balance of submissions and material. Articles submitted for review should be well written and contain good photography (when included.) We must ensure that we are not too heavy or too light in any particular area. Again, we strive for excellence and ask that our contributors do the same. The good news is that we have staff who are willing and able to help in areas where our contributors may be lacking, and we intend to work very closely with every contributor to help every article reach its full potential.

It is my personal request that all interested writers contact me to discuss the possibilities of writing for us. My contact information can be found on our website: http://www.flytyingmag.com/contact_us.php

Purchasing Information

Fly Tying Magazine is not currently available for purchase. Once our publication date is more concrete we will announce that the premiere issue is available for preorder on our website at a discounted price. Because the magazine will only be published once per year we will not be offering subscriptions at this time. The magazine will be distributed to fly shops around the country and I also plan on having booths at a variety of shows. The magazine will also be available for purchase from our website.

Fly Tying Magazine Newsletter

Enter your email address into our website newsletter sign-up box to receive current and noteworthy news about the magazine. In addition, we will surprise lucky random subscribers with monthly giveaways and, on February 1st, we will contact one lucky subscriber to award them a Cliff's Bugger Barn fly box. Your email address will not be sold, traded or rented to any outside source.

Thank You

I cannot think of any words strong enough to convey my sincere gratitude to all the members of FTF except to say thanks- everyone has been so very supportive of everything I’ve tried to do and been lucky enough to pull off so far.

When I launched this site over three years ago I never dreamed that I would one day announce my involvement in something like this. The inspiration and encouragement I have received over the years have gotten me to this point and for that I am forever grateful. As with everything I do here, I can promise that Fly Tying Magazine will focus on our readers’ enjoyment first and foremost. I, and my behind-the-scenes support staff, enjoy being a part of something that brings entertainment and information to others.

I hope that all of you look forward to the inaugural issue of Fly Tying Magazine and I hope you’ll join me in spreading the word that a new magazine is coming to town.

Will.

I just noticed on this page

http://www.flytyingmag.com/about_us.php

Al & Gretchen Beatty - Editor

Retired telephone company executives, Al and Gretchen Beatty today enjoy running a family owned business (BT’s Fly Fishing Products).Located in Delta, Colorado the two partners manufacture, distribute, operate a video production studio (fly fishing and tying, of course), write, and tie flies on a commercial basis. They also enjoy the grand kids and keeping a close eye on their three engineer son’s blossoming careers. Both have been recognized for their contribution to the Federation of Fly Fishers; Al (1999 Buz BuszekAward), Gretchen (2001 Woman of the Year), and Al (1994 Man of the Year).

Did they move to Delta?

Looking forward to see what you guys come up with,. Considering the other endeavors I expect it will be nothing short of awesome :headbang:

I wish everyone involved the best of luck, but by the look of what's planned it's easliy going to be a huge success.

All the best Davie

Cannot wait to see this when it comes out!

<--- You would figure, that after nearly three years reading the boards I would have at least progressed past bait fisherman! Perhaps it's time to start posting some more...

SWEET!

good luck with it, I will def. buy one as soon as i can. there is a magazine here which only comes out once a year and does extremely well, so hopefully yors can do better. and we need some classic salmon fly aticles too.