Fly Tying
WataugaFishin

Your most simple yet most effective fly for trout

That's easy. Caddis larvae. Curved hook, copper or gold bead and some dubbing. Full up versions can be tied with ribbing, legs and a different color right behind the bead, but they can be deleted and still yield an effective fly.

Chris' post reminded me!!! YES, WICKED EFFECTIVE AND SUPER SIMPLE!!!! Here's one I tie to match the black caddis 'round these parts.........-Jamie

post-4102-1191206797_thumb.jpg

The fish are getting nervous..........

all these fly ideas are awesome...

I checked out the green weenie....WOW..real simple...i am on my way to the vise!

Ok...any more ideers

Can anyone say Wooley Bugger, not hard to tie and catchs alot of fish. :hyst:

buggers own, never let me down!... also if you get any midges, theres plenty of simple midge pupa patterns.... red floss, copper ribbing, dub some hares mask or wrap some herl, with cdc or foam gills....

I LOVE soft hackles. Quick and simple. I really like the Hare's Ear Soft Hackle - body of Hare's Ear dubbing (I usually use a dubbing loop for this), rib fine gold wire, Partridge hackle (no more than 2 wraps). Hackle should look like an opened umbrella. You can add a herl thorax if you want to. Leave the rib off if you like.

green weenie is a good one, as is san juan worm. and i like to stick with the obvious... FBPT nymphs and FBHares ear nymphs

Try looking in the flypattern datebase. I know I put in a sucker spawn, but my green weenie isn't the green weenie everyone is talken about.

This thread has inspired me to host a swap; 90sec ties flies that can be ties in 90 secs or less.